Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Jayy1
Contributor

Hello and bit about me

Hi everybody 

I have made a couple of accounts in recent months but I was having trouble with the passwords when I went to log in again, but now I am back on and hopefully here to stay. I wanted to say hello to everyone and share a bit about me and the things I'm into.

I am 25 and live in regional Victoria, I'm lucky to live across the road from the beach which is awesome because surfing is one of my favourite things to do.

I have a history of trauma in my childhood and adolescence, I live with adhd, generalised anxiety disorder and PTSD, my lingering mental health concerns relate mostly to the generalised anxiety, but it is fairly stable and manageable. I have had moments, bad days and bad weeks but I haven't had a full blown panic attack in a long

while and I'm proud of that.  My interests are: surfing, skateboarding, mountain biking, football, and anything else that involves the outdoors. My partner and I have a 2 year old (from her previous relationship) and we are expecting a baby early next year. 

I joined this site because apart from being too old for it I have outgrown another forum I was a part of for many years, I am also finding this part of my life challenging. 
I mentioned before that I had a tough upbringing, now I am moving from just surviving, just getting through, in coping mode, to actually living and being happy, I am happy, I really am and I haven't been able to say that many times before, but I think moving from "coping mode" to "enjoying life" mode is not as seemless as i thought it would be and  I am feeling a little anxious. Im ok but that lingering anxiety is there....

Its been a huge year, with covid and everything that's come with that. 

I'm looking for like minded people to just chat and help us get through this difficult year

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Hello and bit about me

Hi @Jayy1 

Congratulations on the baby!!! You must be so excited!

Glad to hear your anxiety is fairly stable and manageable. It is really hard during the covid situation. You are doing really well to not only cope at this time, but to actually live and thrive. I hope you feel proud of your self!

@Aniela Thank you it's been a really really tough year.... we got kicked out of our house due to the landlords son wanting to move in, my job went almost down to no work, trying to support a family during covid when I had no work and my partner was looking for work (she has a job now) has been really tough, but then finding out we are having a baby, so exciting but also so terrifying at the same time, like I said I think I'm moving from coping to living and that's bringing a bit of anxiety

@Jayy1  Congratulations on the baby on the way, someone very special to look forward to.

Aloe well done on finding happiness. You sound like you have put a lot of work into it, and now, reaping some rewards.

I hope for many more bright days ahead for you.

I hope you find support here. Nice to meet you.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance