Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

AtPeace55
New Contributor

Hello I'm new

Hi all I have just discovered this site. I have been anxious and panicked the last two days and desperately trying to navigate my way through this episode. I ha e anxiety, depression, PTSD, adjustment disorder, eating disorder and body dismorphia. I think that's it, oh and a sense of humour . That's it I think now. I feel I am desperate to work out a way to cope with work after extensive work place bullying. Now I'm in a different workplace with same company, different manager [who has worked with me before and would be aware of my experience] now what I am facing is trying to navigate my way through a new manager worker relationship, trusting I'm not going to be bullied again, not be triggered, know (identify)when I'm being over  sensitive to what may be  a normal worker managger interaction whilst being able to ascertain my current experience is normal, no hidden agenda, not out to bully me/get me, be able to trust what im being told i.e offer of support.. trust said offer is genuine and not a guise to set me up... how do i differentiate between what is genuine behaviour etc and not start of a bullying process through punitive issue seeking behaviour. Basically i dont trust i will be safe treated fair etc. So how do i turn my thinking around and my response. I feel so desperate to do this. I just want to go to work... do a job and feel safe. The thing is i want this new situation to be different, how. Do i ensure that when a manager raises an issue as an issue and does not raise it in context eg a task not completed and no acknowledgement, the worload/lack of resources/ redirection do others.tasks etc... I get and think I may know how to deal with that approach to them raising an issue , however any suggestions greatfully appreciated.

What i want to know is how doo i stop or deal with the kneejerk/instant internal response i.e flight or fight.... I just don't want to have the anxious triggered response and then the emotional/ thinking/psychologixal/internal spiral effect eg issue raised-body/mind response(fight flight adrenalin )-anxiety/worse case scenario/catastrophe-thoughts and spiralling to thoughts of what if i loose my job house etc. Especially when this has been an experience i have had through unfair dismissal process (not lost house but it is my fear as a single person n limited support. I want to be able to deal with this without crumbling,,, i want to deal with it in a way i dont make myself a victim,,, i want to deal with it differently, ie be more assertive less fearful more feeling of personal strength. I want to feel i can do this and there wont be retaliatioon ir unfair treatment buklyung etc. I have written a lot here for a first post. Im hoping by doing so i might learn some tips dealing with the situation in a less emotive triggering way and aldo im trying to reach out get a comunity support around me so im not alone. Im so use to to doing it on my own and i want to change how i operate. . ,  thank you for reading 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Hello I'm new

@AtPeace55 Hello at peace55. The workplace is an intimidating place. I have experienced the same as you in the workplace. The environment in a workplace and its employees are essentially have two reasons for existing. To provide employment and to conduct business. Human nature of a negative aspect dictates your human aspect of your employment. What is the business aspect of it like ? 

Kind Regards

Wordman

Re: Hello I'm new

anxiety depression here !like yhts my name and also bulllying= the worst. ppl rlly kno how to make oothers uncomfortable un/knowingly whispers names ive been there and i c u
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance