Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Christofuuu
Senior Contributor

Hello - How to get help from a case manager?

Hey group, 

I've had a quick read through other posts and it's comforting to see other people with lived experience like myself.

I'm in a really tough place at the moment and am incredibly stuck on getting myself in line with supports both mentally and physically.

I have recently had a stay at a private mental health hospital which helped slightly. I have received a diagnosis of BPAD2, BPD, CPTSD. I also suffer from an incredibly strong derealization/dissociative disorder and a life controlling phobia called thanatophobia.

I've hit a massive brick wall and have no energy or capacity to pick myself up again.
I can't eat, sleep, cook, clean or even get the motivation to leave the house.

I've got a large amount of chronic health conditions that have a massive impact on my physical and emotional health. I've got no capacity to even begin starting to tackle them.

Can anyone suggest how I can engage in a Case Manager? 

I have tried through the hospital but they don't provide any help and my GP (who is amazing) is either overwhelmed or losing the ability to help me come up with solutions.

Thanks for any suggestions 🙂

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Hello - How to get help from a case manager?

Hello @Christofuuu I notice you had thanatophobia I had to look it up.  I had a situation where I was facing my own death and it started me on a journey to understand mortality.  I don't know going by your online name if you are a Christian, I don't mean to offend your beliefs but based on what I have studied this is what I have come to know...

Look up the individual case study of "Swarnlata" on the internet, that is a good place to start - she was a young girl who could recall past life memories and her account was 100% verifiable. 

There was also a BBC documentary online entitled "The Boy Who Lived Before" about a young kid that took his family (and psychiatrist who researched reincarnation) on a journey to a place off the Scottish Coast - a remote island where he used to live in a past life. He was only a young boy and would have no ability to discern what the island was like or how it was inhabited. 

I can also suggest a book written by another psychiatrist called "20 Cases Suggestive of Reincarnation" - a fantastic investigation that used rigorous scientific method to assess the phenomenon of 20 reincarnation cases from around the world. I think this book if anything really began challenging my beliefs.

You may also wish to talk to people who have had near death experiences or read books about NDE's - its more common than you think and enables people to find solace in afterlife phenomenon

Hi @Christofuuu,

I hear what you're saying, and good on you for reaching out about how to access more support 😊

Some options I can think of to help:

• Search AskIzzy for "case manager" services in your postcode
  • Usually each State or Territory has a mental health line that can refer to services in the community, e.g. for NSW the Mental Health Line is 1800 011 511

All the best 🌻

Thanks everyone for the help. 

Sorry should of been more specific... I'm located in QLD. 

I managed to get my Dr to refer me to the Nurse Navigators. 

For anyone that is curious about the Nurse Navigators the info is at https://metrosouth.health.qld.gov.au/referrals/nurse-navigators

Hey @SmilingGecko ,
Thanks for the information.

Christofuuu used to be nickname... Secular so not attached to any religion.

I hope you find your feet soon @Christofuuu Good luck with everything!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance