Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

MySunrise
Senior Contributor

DID, DIDnos or childhood trauma

Hello,

I am a new member and wanted to know if there is peer support forums for those working through the above topics. 
I would just like to chat with others who are experiencing dissociation of some sort. 
Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

Re: DID, DIDnos or childhood trauma

Hi ,

I am a,so new here.

i am being assessed for DID and I have disaxociatiin .

i also have no one to talk it though with except the therapist .

if you want to chat just message me .

Hi and welcome, @MySunrise , it's good you've joined, where people can understand what you're going through. 

The good news is, you're already on the peer support forums for those topics... There are people here with DID (I'm not sure what DIDnos is), and childhood trauma. I don't have DID, but I have complex childhood trauma. I always dissociated, from a child, but I've thankfully been able to work through a lot of my childhood trauma, and hardly ever dissociate now. 

If you were asking about offline peer support forums, in real life, I'm afraid we're not allowed to recommend specific offline support groups, due to the rule about anonymity on the forums, here . It's to keep people safe and allow us talk about our mental health safely on the forums here.

You can type 'DID' or 'dissociation' into the search bar, to find threads on those topics (or any topic). Another forum tip is if you type @ and then click on a member's name in the drop-down box, that person will get a notification that you've replied to them, like I did for you above. 

Welcome also to @rubyrose ...hoping you also can find what you want from the forums 🙂

Thanks @NatureLover

Hi everyone,

I am also new here and would love anyone to chat to on the same topic, I've been trying really hard lately to find a childhood trauma support group that operates online (found one zoom group so far through ArcVic and registered but it's not until the 7th).

Honestly haven't been looking for a  disassociative support group specifically cos I figured that might be asking a bit much but if anyone at all wants to message me or chat on here, that would be fantastic cos it obviously adds a "layer" to everything.

I'm not an expert on the subject but DIDNOS or OSDD (Other specified dissociative disorder, and that also have subgroups I think) is the same as any NOS basically (like EDNOS), it means you've identified something as falling under the "dissassociative umbrella" but it doesn't neatly fit another diagnosis contained within it.

(I think, but again only know from doing some research on youtube that one difference can be to what degree you share memories between alters or can be co-conscious?)

There are also other types of dissassociative disorders besides DID, like depersonalisation/derealization for example.

I've only been seeing a mental health nurse since maybe April (as in I didn't seek help/talk about my childhood before) and she can't technically give a diagnosis cos she's not a psychiatrist but we're just calling it "a disassociative condition" and doing talk therapy as in with anyone, except there are obviously some pretty specific issues associated : )

Hi @rubyrose,

I'd like to chat with you. I'm not sure how to do a private chat or if that's possible. I'm still trying to figure out how this forum works 😂 

Hi @Delirium,
I'd love to start a regular thread for anyone with any dissociative disorders. It's so unspoken about and people who don't experience it really struggle to understand.
I'm still trying to understand my own dissociative world.

Hi

I have used SAMSN before and SANE for specific moments of crisis or challenges.

Hi, I experience multiplicity, and am working my way through what that means. I hope you can find the support you need and you can always talk to me if you need
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance