Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Liz99
Casual Contributor

Bi polar type 11

Am on logem for bi polar, take away all my Creativity and thoughts and emotions that I used to create at with wanting to come off psychiatrist always say no I think there must be a better way

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Bi polar type 11

@Liz99 

Hello and welcome to the forum

We are not supposed to mention specific meds by name as the big pharma is more than a tad paranoid about litigation.

There is a lot to doing one's own research about meds.  Good physicians usually support patient education and self advocacy. The net has lots of material and so there are many opinions among experts and lay people, amongs the norms and those that walk to another drum and more creative types.

Its best to work with one's pdoc, especially if community treatment orders are a potential issue.  When things are settled enough, it can also be worth it to hunt around for a medical team with treatment goals aligned with your own. 

Losing one's creative traits and abilities is a significant side effect.  Finding balance with that against disturbing symptoms is no easy road.  It is possible. Take Care

Former-Member
Not applicable

Finding someone in the medical field will be difficult to support you if you come off medication.  I have been discharged from the community clinic and team. My case manager fully supported me not taking my meds. But now I have no GP no clinic and no medication. Told my aspects of paranoia was not good for therapy after one year! I also have Bp11 and ptsd. Just be careful you really do get support and not just words.

I know have to have good coping strategies in place, and support to do this, but the meds don't stop the downer, and make the upper flat, to the point I don't feel myself, so if I can find ways to deal with the downer, am taking all precautions, and having my partner and family monitor my moods, I track on I can to this!!! 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Sleep is a big problem for me ie. not getting any or very little. I was refused a sleep aid from the clinic because there was ‘other’ medication. You can do this with support.

I also have that problem not much on upper lots on downer, I have been forcing myself to stay in bed on upper and try my breathing techniques, it doesn’t always work, but I keep trying. And getting out of bed on a downer and straight away having a shower, have looked into trying CBD, am gong to ask my doctor about this, it has had promising results. I wish u well on your journey 🤞
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance