Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useful resources

alexturner
Casual Contributor

mental illness, headache, coffee addiction, memory supplement, tension, workload.

hi guys,

i hope to find all you well today.

i want to ask something about on a very common  issue. i am seeking advice regarding a supplement by which i can improve my mental health. i am suffering from hectic work shifts, workload, tensions, addited badly to coffee and these king of products and smoking. i just want to get rid this from all. please suggest me some effective supplements. i am also searching this kind of supplement from few days. whenever i will get know about one i will also post that on this forum. !!!!!comments will be appreciated !!!!

11 REPLIES 11

Re: mental illness, headache, coffee addiction, memory supplement, tension, workload.

Hi alexturner,

Thanks for posting the forums!

While supplements can be great, like all medication, they impact different people in different ways. Your health care professional can make the best judgement, in consultation with you, as they will have a full picture of your heath status.

More broadly, my thoughts on this is that there are a variety of things you an incorporate as well as (or instead of) supplements. Some suggestions that spring to mind are;

Meditation (helps with relaxation and memory retention)

Massage (help with tension)

Exercise (helps with everything Smiley Very Happy)

Here is a discussion by other members about coffee, tobacco & redball etc. There's also a broad conversation about vitamins and supplements here

I hope you find these helpful.

NikNik

Re: mental illness, headache, coffee addiction, memory supplement, tension, workload.

Hi Alex, and welcome to the forum. I love my coffee too, but I wouldn't say that I'm addicted though... I can give up any time I like!! 

Hi

Cant help re coffee as I can't live without it but I have been using a ecig for six months and no cigarette. 

Yes I still get my nicotine by in a better way and do feel better about it. Try it it has to be better than cigarettes. 

Good luck Tom

I think there's a discussion around supplements elsewhere on this forum, lots around vitamins, oils etc. @NikNik can you hyperlink for @alexturner?

i just get to know about a mental and memory enhancing supplement called brain krave. i found it from internet can you please review it for me and tell me the pros. and cons. of it !!

Hi @alexturner ,

I'm called Hobbit and I am a moderator on these forums.

Thanks for your post.I don't really know anything about brain krave unfortunately.

Just to let you know, the forums are not really a pace where we review medications, but we really appreciate your contributions nonetheless.

Perhaps some other forum members might have heard of brain krave and can give you some advice.

Hobbit.

thanks hobbit !!!

Hi Alexturner

I don't know about brain krave but I do know that in Australia that products such as this if they are really therapeutic get assessed and registered by the Therapeutic Goods Administration Board if they make claims about medical benefits..

This is to stop products making unsubstantiated claims about their supposed benefits. I couldn't find this product sold in Australia but overseas. It also says in its disclaimer that it doesn't make any medical claims about its effectiveness, only that it has all of these great vitamins etc in it which will lead to a positive outcome.

The way I look at supplements, and anything else I put into my mouth for that matter is to understand what the results of stats and peer review say. For example there is plenty of evidence to back up the claimed benefits of people taking fish oil, vitamin E etc etc etc.

So I would ring up the Therapeutic Goods Administration and ask if Brain Krave has been assessed and approved for these purposes and against their claims of medical benefits from taking their product.

If not then you need to make up your own mind if you want to give this product a go, just like any other product which is advertised to the consumer.

On the supplement front. There are heaps of community based dietitians-homeopathic practitioner's and all manner of qualified people to give you advice about supplements.

If you have an MI which is being treated, Psychs usually have a view on it in relation to your own treatment regime. Mine gives me supplements like fish oil to help with brain function-he got me onto a nicotine replacement product to get me off the smokes and gives me some other vitamins for any deficiencies I have because sometimes when not well I and others can neglect eating.

So vitamin supplements, being well and removing addictions is a big holistic picture which probably isnt solved by one particular product.

@Alessandra1992
I think I linked those threads in my response above.
Not sure of any others.
Nik
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance