Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useful resources

Mymind
New Contributor

Teen ASD PTSD

Help hi 13 yr old boy no dad in picture aggressive dominating abusive verbally no help diagnosis ASD lv2 anxiety and depression no meds no support..I'm tired every night fight over wifi use or meltdown 😟thanks for listening ❤️

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Teen ASD PTSD

Hi @Mymind,

Welcome to the forums. My name is FloatingFeather and I am one of the peer support workers at SANE. Thank you reaching out - it sounds like you are going through a very challenging time. I have sent you an email to check in with you so please get back to us when you can. 

If you ever feel like you or anyone in your home is in immediate danger please call 000.

What you are going through must be exhausting - I really feel for you all. 

We have some amazing members of the forums - a lot with lived experience and wise advice in many areas. I look forward to reading their advice.

Best wishes,

FloatingFeather

Hi @Mymind, I can hear that you’re having a difficult time with your son, without any support. 

I want to acknowledge the strength it takes to reach out for support, and I wonder if you're open to the suggestion, that it might help to reach out to those in your circle you feel comfortable talking to i.e. other friends and family, a trusted GP or a mental health worker, such as a counsellor. Is this something that you've been able to try before?

If you’re open to a 1-on-1 chat with a counsellor, the SANE's Drop-In Services is open from 10am-10pm Mon-Fri and the number is: 1800 187 263. All our counsellors are trained to provide a non-judgemental and confidential session with the opportunity to explore your challenges and provide strategies for longer term help.

You might also find this Forum thread helpful: https://saneforums.org/t5/Social-Spaces/Online-forum-for-teenagers-with-autism/m-p/1188925

Please go gently with yourself @Mymind, and if you feel able it would be great to hear how you’re getting on in the forums.

Sirius

Hi there @Mymind , it sounds like you have a lot to cope with. My 14 year old daughter is on the autism spectrum, 3 years ago our life was spiraling out of control, with meltdowns, anxiety/ anger and lots of conflict. over the last 3 years we have got to a really good place but it was a slow process (sometime it seemed like one step forward, 2 steps back) just wanted to let you know there is light at the end of the tunnel. Best wishes xx

Hi @Hollibolli ,

Welcome to the forums. Thank you for reaching out and sharing your story with us. There are many carers who will value and appreciate your experiences.

As a side note, if you'd like to tag members into your messages so they receive a notification, you can type "@" in front of their names.

All the best with your daughter and I look forward to seeing you around on the forums.

tyme

Hi @Mymind 

I just wanted to reach out and welcome you to the forums - it’s great to have you here 💜

I’m so sorry to hear about everything that’s been happening for you both and as I listened to this part of your story, I got the overwhelming sense that every day is a battle and that you’re doing everything within your power to keep your head above the water and survive 💜

Supporting a young person who is living with autism and mental health issues sounds incredibly challenging and as such, it’s absolutely no wonder that you’re feeling exhausted and emotionally depleted.

As I continued to listen to this part of your story, I could hear how alone you are and how desperately you're trying to manage everything that’s been happening by yourself. As such, I just wanted to share some information with you about an organisation called Autism Connect - in the hope that this may be helpful for you 💜

Autism Connect is ‘a free, national autism helpline, providing independent and expert information over phone, email and webchat.’

Basically, they support people who are living with autism, their families, carers and the broader community with a variety of things such as behaviour and communication strategies, the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) and referrals to services.

You can contact them on: 1300 308 699 Monday to Friday from 8.00am until 7.00pm. 

You can also receive support via webchat and email if this feels more comfortable for you 😊

I’ve included the link to their website, just in case you would like to explore their services further:

https://www.amaze.org.au/autismconnect/

Also, just while I remember, one of the things that really helped me when I was new to the forums and still finding my way around, was that if you would like to chat with another forum member, or reply to one of their posts, place @ in front of their username just like I did at the start of my post to you i.e. @Mymind that way, they will receive a message that you have contacted them 😊

Please remember that you’re always welcome to reach out here whenever you need to 💜

I hope that this helps you a little bit 😊

Take kind and gentle care of yourself,

ShiningStar 💜

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance