Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useful resources

alrani
New Contributor

Sydney couples therapy with BPD-sensitive psychologist?

Hi,

Does anyone have any recommendations for a Sydney-based psychologist or clinic that does couples therapy, and is sensitive of BPD? I have BPD and it's destroying my relationships and my life. I just want my relationship with my BF of 2yrs to work but we are struggling. I'm trying to find a couples psychologist who understands BPD and won't immediately label me as manipulative or the main problem in our relationship. I was about to start an outpatient program in DBT before covid-19 but that's been put on hold. My relationship is on the brink and we need help asap, I just need to find a therapist who will be sympathetic and understanding of my BPD while also helping us with our relationship problems.

Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated xx

1 REPLY 1

Re: Sydney couples therapy with BPD-sensitive psychologist?

Hi @alrani  and welcome to the forums.  I can hear that life is pretty difficult for you at the moment.  Unfortunately, due to the anonymity guidelines, we are not allowed to share specific recommendations of therapists here.  But you will find quite a few people with BPD and similar challenges who might be able to support you around the forums.  Try entering  Borderline Personality Disorder on the search bar (as I just did) and you will see a list of several threads on the topic, which are bound to have some useful tips and help you feel less alone with the challenges you are facing.  Also once you find somewhere you want to join in the discussion it's good to tag the person or people you want to interact with.  Just type @ and the person's name with no spaces and you will see a drop-down box where you can click on the name you want.

Tagging @Former-Member s here in case you can suggest numbers @alrani  might call to get info about particular therapists in their area.

Edit:  wondering if Relationships Australia https://www.relationships.org.au/what-we-do/services/counselling

would be helpful?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance