Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useful resources

Orby
Casual Contributor

Services for BPD in Sydney

Hi there

I am new to this forum.

My daughter is 24, diagnosed with BPD around 6 years ago, but it was with her a long time before the diagnosis 

She has a 12 month old boy, living in regional QLD. About to come home, Sydney, as she is struggling with her illness and baby

I am looking for services in Sydney that are not private, as she is on a pension 

I found the one at Westmead hosptial, but it only takes people from the area 

Also wondering if there is a mothers group for people with mental health in Sydney

Hope you can assist me 

Regards

Orby

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Services for BPD in Sydney

Hi @Orby 

Welcome to the forums - it's great that you have come through here to find support and advice!

Due to the forums guidelines around anonymity, members are not able to share specific providers/locations/identifying places. It is good to be aware of this guideline and just note any information you post that could be identifying to you as well as this is public forum.

While members can't speak directly to specific hospitals or support groups, they can share resources and broader services that you can contact to get guidance and referrals!

It might be useful to reach out to one of the below helplines to seek their advice around what you are looking for. 

beyondblue 1300 22 4636

SANE Australia 1800 187 263 (opens at 10am)

Lifeline 13 11 14

CarersNSW 1800 242 636

Thanks Lauz 

Sorry if i have breeched the guidlines, not intended 

thanks for your suggestions

regards

Orby

Hi @Orby - you haven't breached guidelines - just wanted to let you know that you may not get specific recommendations due to the guidelines 😊 hope the helplines are useful. Feel free to keep posting in the forums and sharing your story - there are many wonderful peers here to help support your journey

Thanks Lauz

I am founding it really diffcult to find groups/day paitient facilities that are not private - seems to be a lot more available in Melbourne = may need to move!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance