Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useful resources

iswimrivers
New Contributor

Phone Counselling

Hello

I just registered for this forum as I need help with supporting my partner.

Something is triggering insane jealousy in him and while he understands it is not me or even other people he just can't cope with the feeling and twice this week we have been up all night as he struggles with wanting to end his life

I am supporting him as much as I can but I am tired and I have children and a full time job.

Is there a phone service where he can get ongoing counselling with the same person

He is on Centrelink benefits and he does have a mental health plan in place but the counsellor is only able to see him monthly and he needs way more than this

I am happy to pay initially but it would be good to know if there is any professional support out there that is just a phone call away. 

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Phone Counselling

Hi @iswimrivers  welcome to the forums 😊

Sounds like a pretty heavy situation, and I can understand it is taking its toll on you and your family. First and foremost, if it gets to a crisis point where you feel your partner's life is in immediate danger, please call 000. 

You can also seek 24/7 support from any of the following crisis services: 

Lifeline: 13 11 14 or Crisis Chat 

Suicide call back service: 1300 659 467 or online counselling 

Samaritans: 135 247 

For non-crisis support you can both feel free to get in touch with SANE's Support Services - open 10am-10pm weekdays. 

Depending on your eligibility, he may also be able to register for SANE's Guided Service. Free ongoing telehealth counselling and peer support - check eligibility here

You can also use a database search - you can narrow by location/issue, it's a great way to find support that matches your needs. 

Another organisation that might be worth checking out is Relationships Australia - they have information and resources for all kinds of relationships, and may be a good source of support. 

Jealousy is a tricky one, and often is a result of a deeper emotional wound - fear of losing someone, fear of rejection, feelings of not being worthy are just a few examples. It can be incredibly difficult, and you're not alone in struggling with these issues. I found this article online which goes into some of the mechanisms and nature of jealousy, could be a helpful read. 

Good on you for reaching out in this space, I hope you find what you're looking for 💜

wow... thank you so much

it is good to know there is help out there

i think he has tried some of the call back services but they never called back but maybe I need to encourage this more

ill definitely look into some of the ongoing support you mentioned

thanks again

You're very welcome @iswimrivers  sounds like he is lucky to have you there looking out for him. And you yourself can also reach out to any of these services too - caring for someone in crisis can get very overwhelming and you are just as deserving of support and care yourself. All the best 💜

How are you today @iswimrivers ?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance