Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useful resources

Re: Long term (3-6 month) inpatient treatment for Depression, Anxiety & BPD

Hi @Calmblueocean

Welcome to the Forums and thanks for sharing your thoughts and your wisdom.

I hope that you will find the forums to be a supportive place for exploring your ideas and any issues around Mental Health. Just a tip, if you are replying to someone or wanting to notify or touch base with someone, place an @ before their username, as in @Calmblueocean

All the best

Joe The Lion

Hi Blue_Skies

I know of blacktown hospital which has the melaluca facility that is for 3-6 month stays. There must be other options like this too I recon. But i haven't done much research because i try to avoid inpatient programs if possible. I find it makes it difficult to integrate back into normalacy afterwards and i end up struggling just the same either way. But try contacting blacktown hospital to find out about melaluca stays if thats what you think will help you.

Best of luck.

Spectrum in Melbourne offers a well regarded public BPD treatment program. I think it can be live-in or a day treatment program. I haven't heard recently. Also BPD is now considered one of the most treatable mental health disorders when dialectic behaviour therapy, DBT. It is usually a longterm commitment, minimum a year or two, to going to DBT groups and doing their steps and homework.

I'm just reading through older threads and wanted to say I love this @Calmblueocean I admire your courage in making that change so much. It gives me encouragement to maybe drop the standard expectations and take the leap into accepting what I really need.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance