Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useful resources

wellwellwellnez
Community Guide

I could use some cancer survival tips

I also need to generally introduce myself to the cancer recovery community.

I have a best friend who is a high quality human who is directly involved in the challenge.

Diagnosis is mid-way but some spreading has occured. Enough to engage emergency radiation therapy, so pretty serious. Smoking is involved, so I'm also interested in addiction recovery, advice.

I'm looking at this crisis contingently. This could be end up being more of a spiritual transition question. However, it may also be a question of healing and physical adaption. I want to be there in my best way whatever the journey.

I'm interested in best science and wholistic-kitchen-sink approaches. Both the most promising evidence and combinations of everything that shows promise of being complimentary. No edge is irrevelant. I'm seeking an army of all the good ideas.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: I could use some cancer survival tips

No real advice, but as a survivor myself your friend is very lucky to have you! Wishing your friend all the best.

@Bow @wellwellwellnez 

What @Bow said.

Having been a survivor and then losing a friend last year, being a mate is in itself huge. You'll likely have to roll with the punches mostly.

Wishing you all the best!

Awesome @StuF and @Bow . Thankyou. That really important point feels like one box ticked already.

The support network is all taking it in different ways. Things are going to get complex.

Your inputs mean the world, by which I mean actual gravity on which to anchor.

Since you mentioned that this may be a spiritual journey, Why not start there?  What do you think would work to give you a spiritual uplift during this time?

@wellwellwellnez 

I just remembered! Giving blood is a great way to help too. Even if not directly helping your friend, it is invaluable for many cancer patients (myself included).

That is assuming you can give blood (I can't), but if you can, I strongly recommend it.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance