Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useful resources

NikNik
Senior Contributor

Borderline Personality Disorder - fantastic story by ABC Radio National

Hi all,

I stumbled across this podcast about BPD aired on ABC Radio National in a segment called 'All In The Mind'

My opinion is that it's an excellent segment; a good variety of people featured, from a variety of perspectives.

It's great to see BPD get some focus.

Check it out here

I'm really interested to hear what other think.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Borderline Personality Disorder - fantastic story by ABC Radio National

Thanks for the link NikNik. The work of Dr. Andrew Chanen is truly remarkable, as is that of Cathrine Bennett who has done so much to get BPD recognised as a treatable disorder.

Getting help to combat BPD remains a challange for many sufferers due to Government financial constraints, finding therapists willing to help and take on such challanging clients and finally, not to mention the sheer lack of adequate public funded thrapies in all but capital cities. The best I can do in my rural region is go the private route using the Mental Health Scheme which gives up to 10 Government funded sessions with a private therapist per year. That's all well and good, but to beat this thing, sessions should be at least every two weeks if not more. That's only 5 months using the MHS and then people who are living in low socio-economic conditions are left hanging until the new calander year ticks over and they can get the MHS back in place again. By then, much of what they have learned has been lost due to lack of ongoing support and reinforcement of the principles learned. It's a darned vicious circle!!

I'd dearly love to form a support group for those suffering BPD in my nearest city just as is available in Melbourne. The need is there, however I'm still struggling to get well myself and it's going to be a long haul.

Anway, great link NikNik. Thanks once again.

Ellie.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance