Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useful resources

Re: Article - The End Of Schizophrenia

Hi @tyme 

Thanks for sharing this, it's very interesting. The term 'schizophrenia' really does have a stigma attached. If it's mentioned in the media that someone has schizophrenia, there is an instant thought that this is bad. 

I like to see that we are evolving and hope Australia can catch up soon.

Hanami 💮

Thank you @maddison for sharing.

It's helpful to see the states of mind and mental health we go through as a spectrum - this allows flexibility in care and probably different diagnosis and dosages etc. 

There is so much overlap with conditions of the mind that I find the psychiatrists don't even try learning what it actually is - because the medication is the same they just prescribe APs in the country where I've experienced this with my family member - I'm hoping Australia does better. 

There's very little or conflicting information about how these conditions are caused - some say it's genetic, childhood trauma, middle age trauma, old and relapse - I've lost count! I hope removing the label allows scientists to study minds, behaviours and trauma with a much larger group of people because overlap is so common 

A name change is long overdue
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance