Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // 19 Jan, 7pm AEDT // Music Therapy

Another thanks @LM_Bee@Acacia@NikNik for this interesting and positive Topic Tuesday. Just the fact that it was on has helped me at a very difficult moment just now and given me inspiration.

Thank you so much @LM_Bee for sharing some of your valuable time, i do appreciate tonight and thank you so much for the information, i am definatly going to check it out.

Take care @LM_Bee & @Acacia, great Topic Tuesday 😄

Jacques

Thanks everyone for your great questions!  Hopefully you have learned more about music therapy, but also ways that you can use music yourselves for your own health and wellbeing.  

I encourage you to make a playlist, listen to music, join a music group, or maybe even give writing a song a go!

Wow it does cover a lot @LM_Bee

Decreased levels of anxiety and agitation

• Mood changes
  • Improved self-image / self-esteem
  • Enhanced interpersonal relationships and social interactions
  • Increased motivation
  • Successful and safe emotional release
  • Improved group cohesion
  • Increased levels of non-verbal and verbal expression
  • Reduced muscle tension

It wasn't a good time for me when I was 15... I became anorexic at the time. I think it is kind of sad that I still "don't want the world to see me, because I don't think they will understand".... If I could afford a musical therapist it would be interesting to explore.

I like Adele's new album. Her hits from the first two albums were too depressing for me.

I think that's about all we have time for. It's been a great discussion.

Thank you so much for sharing your expertise @LM_Bee, and thank you for coming along tonight  and bringing your perspectives to the discussion @Mazarita @Jacques @Former-Member @Shaz51 @PeppiPatty and @Former-Member. 

I hope it's given us all something to think about when we're listening to music and some inspiration to get back into playing, listening, dancing or whatever it is that helps us enjoy the benefits of music.

Take care everyone!

We'll be closing the Topic Tuesday now, but if anyone wants to keep chatting about music, there is an older discussion about music here. It hasn't been active for a while but feel free to contribute and re-ignite the discussion.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance