Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Lauz
Senior Contributor

Topic Tuesday // What if your loved one becomes unwell during the festive season? // Tues 18 Dec, 7pm AEDT

Carers Topic Tuesday banner.png

In supporting our loved ones through the festive season, understandably at times we can begin to feel overwhelmed. During this Topic Tuesday, we discuss ways to manage our own self-care in the lead up to the festive season. To care for others, we must first care for ourselves. Tune in Dec 18th to join in the discussion!

giphy (5).gif

Want to receive an email reminder on the night? Hit the 'Support' button below.

I'm new here - what is Topic Tuesday?

Topic Tuesday runs from 7pm - 9pm AEST monthly. Each month we focus on a different topic, with the session facilitated by a Community Manager or Moderator. Sometimes Topic Tuesday will feature a special guest, who is an expert in the topic.

The first post of the thread (this one) will give you an idea of what the topic is and what will be covered.

How do I get involved?

Topic Tuesday takes place right here! It's text based, so no software is needed. During the session, to keep up with the latest posts hit the 'refresh' button on your browser for the latest posts (it doesn't automatically update). Keep an eye for page numbers at the top & bottom of the page, and jump to the highest page number for the most recent post.

Throughout the session, the facilitator will put questions out for you to answer, usually asking for your own experience on the topic. To contribute to the session, just hit the 'reply' button and share your thoughts. No answers are right or wrong and everyone is welcome to get involved.

If you have any questions about how to use the Forums, check out our Guides

61 REPLIES 61

Re: Topic Tuesday // What if your loved one becomes unwell during the festive season? // Tues 18 Dec, 7pm AEDT

Hello all 🙂 How is everyone traveling today? Welcome to tonight's Topic Tuesday for all of our wonderful carer's on the forums or anyone who wants insight around - how to manage when a loved one becomes unwell during the festive season.

giphy (1).gif

A special warm welcome for those members who wanted a reminder of tonight's event 😄

@Former-Member @outlander @Mattmum @Determined @Barbarahomer @frog @Smilinglady @Shaz51

We will kick off in a few minutes once everyone has settled in!

Re: Topic Tuesday // What if your loved one becomes unwell during the festive season? // Tues 18 Dec, 7pm AEDT

Hello @nashy stockings are already up at our place.images (5).jpeg

Heya @Former-Member! Haha the expression on the kid's face sums it up Smiley Very Happy

awww I can`t see the picture @Former-Member

Hello @Lauz

@greenpea, @Former-Member, @Janiee

hello @nashy Smiley Very Happy

Alrighty whilst waiting for the others to join let's jump to the first question 😄

Being a carer comes with the occurrence of unexpected events all year round, but in the midst of Christmas we may find those we are caring for becoming suddenly ill or having overt symptoms brings with it a myriad of additional challenges due to lack of professional supports (ie. holiday business closure), busy events and long days.

giphy (3).gif

Considering this notion, how can we ensure both ourselves and those we are caring for, feel prepared for any unexpected events during the holiday season?

Hi @Shaz51

@Raine @Shammi @Roslyncicely you may want to join this discussion

Hi there....not really sure what I'm doing as a newbie...so will just be guided by you guys!!

We have an action plan at our house where my daughter takes control over the situation. I am not good with dealing with my son when he is psychotic (I kind of fall to pieces) but she will contact the police (ugh!) and the ambulance to take him to hospital if everything falls apart and we cannot handle it ourselves.....

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance