Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // What can you do when a loved one doesn't want help? // Tues 22 Oct, 7pm AEDT

What are the things that you could do that can help you connect with yourself?  Asking yourself what are my needs?

ammmm , I find i am better doing small self care for myself like having a cuppa under the trees in the garden @Lauz , @Daphne 

Re: Topic Tuesday // What can you do when a loved one doesn't want help? // Tues 22 Oct, 7pm AEDT

a cuppa under the tree sounds good @Shaz51

Writing is a great option and the suggestion of walking and being in nature is perfect too. It's important to get out of our heads and into our bodies. Movement provides rhythm, which can have a meditative feeling.

One of my passions is my birds (I have 3 small aviaries) & nature @Daphne

Although it doesn't connect me with others very much.

It's a private passion.

They are my company at home - hearing my lovely canaries singing in the morning, gives me something beautiful to get up to.

Adge

Had to smile at your last comment @Fracturedlight . That’s a me too one. I know instantly what others need but could spend a whole day trying to work out what I need. 

@Adge oh how lovely. Your birds sound great. The wonder of animals can be so helpful and provide us with the opportunity to see what's beautiful in the world, just for a moment despite our challenges.

Haha yep!! I see you!!! @Teej

@Shaz51 @outlander I think a cuppa can solve the problems of the world!!!

I think it’s finishing time now but I need to get to the shop to buy dog food or my dog will go hungry. Thanks for a great chat all. Best wishes 💜🤗

No worries @Lauz I just been trying to catch up with the conversation. I have my own projects which I try to keep a bit flexible in case I have to set them aside for a bit.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance