Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

NikNik
Senior Contributor

Topic Tuesday // Should I stay or should I go? // 18 Oct. 7pm AEDT

Carers Topic Tuesday banner.png

For this Carers Week special edition Topic Tuesday we will joined by Mind Australia. So we thought, why not ask the tough question that people are too apprehensive to ask:

Should I stay or should I go?

Mental illness can place a lot of strain on a relationship. When we focus so much on caring for our loved one, it can seem that our own needs take a back seat. It can get to a point when we begin to question if we should remain within a relationship.

Fortunately, there are some things that you can do to help your relationship deal with the strain of mental illness. Join us this Tuesday, October 18 from 7 - 9pm to discuss what you can do if you find yourself confronted questioning of whether you should stay or go. We'll be joined by @Mindcarers from Mind Australia 

Two things you can do now

1) Register as a Forum member to participate on the night

2) Hit the 'Like' button below to receive an email reminder on the night

92 REPLIES 92

Re: Topic Tuesday // Should I stay or should I go? // 18 Oct. 7pm AEDT

Hello,

I have registered and am trying to find out the details for the event tonight 'Should I stay or should I go'
How do I finish the registration process and obtain the location details for the even tonight.

Cheers!

Hello @Jane230

It starts at 7 and by I see that you have tick that you are interested , they will send a email to say welcome to tonights topic

See you soon

Hi - I'm new to this forum and not sure where to start. Can someone please let me know if they can view this post?

Thanks

Good evening all and welcome to tonight's Topic Tuesday,  @Jane230 @Shaz51 @tancate @Smileymj @Sehnsucht @HongVo @Former-Member @Johnny @SunnyDaisy @Phijoy and who ever else might be about and wants to join on tonight's discussion.

Tonight we're joined by @Mindcarers who will be talking about what you can do if you're faced with the tough question of whether you should stay or should I go?

Hello all.  Good to be here with you tonight. 

Hi @tancate, can see your message. Congrats on making your first post.

@Mindcarers, I imagine working on your helpling that you would get callers talking about relationship difficulties. What are some ways that mental illness commonly impacts on a relationship?

Managing relationships is often difficult at the best of times.  Anyone have an issue they would like to explore?

I find the fact that my partner suffers from a mental illness impacts on me financially and emotionally as he's been out of work a lot of the time which is a strain on our finances and emotionally as when he's not well he's not there for me.

Both of these issue -finances and your partner not there for you -is a common concern for many carers and can be a real burden at times.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance