Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Self Care for Carers // Tues 20th July, 7:00-8:30PM AEST

Hope it's a great discussion @Daisydreamer @Shaz51 @TideisTurning and everyone joining in. Appreciate the tag, but I'm crashing after a hard day. Enjoy walk @Flying_Hams sounds like just what you need. Good evening all.

Hi, sorry to sound ignorant but just wondering if this is only an online discussion forum with text.

Hi @Daisydreamer @Mindy911 @znp @TideisTurning @Shaz51 

So I'm kind of interested in learning self care from a carers point of view, being someone with MI, I have to look after me which I have tonnes of experience doing, but also I care for my elderly mum with NPD, and sometimes the roles get crossed so I'm really looking forward to learning from Shazzy and the other carers. 

BB 🐰💙

@Shaz51 wrote:

Hello and welcome @znp@Mindy911 
I am Shaz51 and I am a carer for my elderly mum and I am unpaid carer and wife of my husband who has MI and Bipolar 2
I have been on the forum for 6 years and Community guide for 5 years and am very involved in self care and you may have seen me around the forum

So great to have you here @Shaz51! Your experience on the forums and compassionate peer support have been a feature of the forums for such a long time, and we are so excited to showcase your expertise here 🙂 

Welcome @Jelly & @znp. Glad you could be here with us! 

Hi @Emelia8😊

hello @Emelia8@Hal1@frog@Jelly@bipolarbunny Heart

Lol im a bit slow on this site
Hi im trying to support my son who is suicidal. I also struggle occasionally with depression and am finding it very difficult atm

Forgot to mention ... I was a long term carer of my husband who had severe mental and physical ailments. He passed away 3 months ago, leaving me feeling terribly lost. Its hard going from being a 24/7 carer, to suddenly nothing. No purpose and no direction. How do you turn that around?

This question is for @Shaz51 and the community 🙂 

Question 1: What does self care mean to you?

You sound like a gem, @bipolarbunny - and I agree it's hard to know sometimes where your roles start and finish, what you can and can't do, should and shouldn't do, etc.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance