Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Former-Member
Not applicable

Topic Tuesday // Pride Month: Connection and Growth // Tues 28th June, 2022 7-8:30PM AEST

Hi everyone,

On Tuesday 28th June 2022, 7pm AEST we'd like to invite you to join us for a lived experience discussion with SANE Peer Support Worker @TuxedoCat to commemorate Pride Month.

Topic Tuesday - June 28 - Pride Month (3).jpg

In this event we will talk about growing from difficult circumstances and connecting with the LGBTQIA+ community. This will be an opportunity for our community of LGBTQIA+ members, allies and carers of LGBTQIA+ folks to come together to learn from and connect with each other.

For ease of reference, the start times across Australia are below: 

girasole_1-1654841684761.png

Western Australia: 5pm 
Northern Territory & South Australia: 6:30pm 

Queensland, New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory, Victoria & Tasmania: 7pm 

Want to receive a reminder on the night? Hit the 'Support' button below and we will tag you 30 minutes before the event starts. 

New to the forums or want to get involved in this discussion? Check out the How To Guide for Topic Tuesdays.

Hopefully we'll see you here on the night! 

56 REPLIES 56

Re: Topic Tuesday // Pride Month: Connection and Growth // Tues 28th June, 2022 7-8:30PM AEST

Really excited for this one! Happy Pride Month to everyone in the community, looking forward to this chat! 

GrevilleaBlooms_0-1655959676174.jpeg

Re: Topic Tuesday // Pride Month: Connection and Growth // Tues 28th June, 2022 7-8:30PM AEST

Good evening SANE Community and to all those who are reading along tonight! 🌈 

This Topic Tuesday Live Event will be starting in 20 minutes. Tagging members who were interested: @Clawde @petrichor @NatureLover @Adge @GardensHeart @Eden1919 @anti_anti_meds 

Tonight we are joined by Peer Support Worker @TuxedoCat as our Special Guest for Pride Month!   

Myself and @TideisTurning will be the Peer Support Workers facilitating this discussion tonight.  

Join us at 7pm AEST when we kick off this live event! See you soon 😊 

New to the forums or want to get involved in this discussion? You can sign up to the SANE forums and join in this conversation by replying to the posts below. If you get stuck, you can tag myself or @TideisTurning for help with responding to the discussion. 

A quick note for those who are reading along, to keep up with the conversation, make sure to continue to refresh the page to see new posts and comments. The refresh button will look something like this at the top of your screen beside the URL bar:

girasole_0-1656405261190.png

This Topic Tuesday might discuss themes that may be upsetting or triggering. If you are feeling distress during this live discussion, there are support options available to you. You can contact the SANE Help Centre on 1800 18 7263, find crisis support options here, or connect with an LGBTIAQ+ Peer Supporter at QLife on 1800 184 527. 

Let’s get started! 

Welcome everyone to our Topic Tuesday live event discussing Pride Month: Connection and Growth. My name is Girasole, myself a part of the LGBTIAQ+ community, and today I am joined today by our special guest, Peer Support Worker @TuxedoCat, as well as @TideisTurning. 

@TuxedoCat, would you like to introduce yourself? 

Tonight, we will be talking about Pride Month and finding community, strength and healing through challenging circumstances.  

We invite community members to jump in, share your experiences and ask questions. In this discussion, LGBTIAQ+ and questioning people, carers, loved ones, and allies are welcome – we will have questions for you as well as ones we will ask to TuxedoCat 😊 

As we get started on the first question, we invite all those following along to introduce yourself and what brings you to the discussion tonight 🌈 

Hello my name is Clawde and know that there is still a mountain of work to be done to be accepted being different 🙃

Hey all, I’m TuxedoCat! I’m a non-binary, queer peer support worker! I’m super excited for all of us to share our experiences. I wanna be upfront, I am by noooooooo means an expert in any of this and I’ll be sharing mostly from my own experiences of being queer/LGBTQIA+, living rurally and my experiences around gender and mental health. We’ll all have different experiences and they’re all equally valid. I’m so excited for us to learn from and support each other! 

Welcome @Clawde, its great to have you here 😊

Hi everyone!

First time joining one of these live discussions. I consider myself part of the LGBTIAQ+ community.

Just wanted to join to learn more about sexuality, as I'm not fully 'out' yet to everyone I know.

Hi Everyone, I'm TideisTurning, one of the Peer Support Workers here 😊 

I'm just going to tag a few members online in case you'd like to join us @Adge @Appleblossom @BlueBay @Christheart @Dimity @Emelia8 @Frangipani2  @ArraDreaming @Lola5 @Oaktree @Former-Member @Shaz51 @Snowie @StuF @TAB @TheVorticon 

Hello, everyone, hoping every one has a great night with a great topic 😃

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance