Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Daisydreamer
Senior Contributor

Topic Tuesday // Physical Activity and Mental Health // Tues 6th July, 7:00-8:30PM AEST

Hi SANE Community, 

On Tuesday night, we will be welcoming a special guest from the SANE Support team to talk about Physical Activity and Mental Health.

Physical Activity and Mental Health (1).png

Many of you have met our special guest as a moderator on the SANE Forums, and I am excited to welcome @Peregrinefalcon

Being active and the benefits for mental health

Being active is about more than physical health. We are seeing that mental health and emotional wellbeing are also improved as a result of regular physical activity. 

Physical activity can mean any body movement that requires you to use energy. This could include walking, gardening, team sport, yoga, pilates, weights and dancing. Whether you are thinking of building more activity into your day, or already keeping active, join us to talk about the role activity plays in your mental health journey. 

This discussion will talk about the benefits of physical activity on wellbeing, how we stay motivated, explore the barriers to getting active, and create a list of activities you might like to try!

Please join us here on Tuesday the 6th of July 2021 from 7:00pm-8:30pm AEST to follow this conversation. 

Want to receive a reminder on the night? Hit the 'Support' button below.

New to the forums or want to get involved in this discussion? Check out the How To Guide for Topic Tuesdays.

169 REPLIES 169

Re: Topic Tuesday // Physical Activity and Mental Health // Tues 6th July, 7:00-8:30PM AEST

Hi there everyone! We are getting ready to start this discussion at 7pm AEST 🙂 

For those who are new to topic tuesday, here is a space to learn all about Topic Tuesdays and how to follow this discussion. Check back in just before 7pm!

@Adge @Alicat @frog @Eve7 @smiling @Forumuser @Shaz51 @Oaktree @Fluttershy1 @Kayekaye @apc @eth @StuF @Judi9877 @Emelia8 

Re: Topic Tuesday // Physical Activity and Mental Health // Tues 6th July, 7:00-8:30PM AEST

Thanks @Daisydreamer for the reminder of tonights TT.

I wanted to attend this one, as I know the importance of maintaining physical activity thru our M H challenges. But sadly, I cannot be here tonight. Will read through when I can.

Thanks for letting us know @Emelia8 and hope you get a chance to read back through a bit later Heart

Just tagging members who are online now in case you're interested in joining the discussion tonight 😊@Anastasia @Appleblossom @Fluttershy1 @Former-Member @Emelia8 @Eve7 @Arizona @Gwynn @Oaktree @Millieme @NatureLover @Powderfinger @Sans911 @Shaz51 @SmilingGecko @Sophia1 @StuF @TheVorticon @bipolarbunny @greenpea @tilly22 

hugs my friend @Emelia8 Heart

hello @Former-Member , @Daisydreamer Smiley Very Happy

Hey @Shaz51! 😊 Welcome 🌺

Hugs @Emelia8 take care xx

Hello @Daisydreamer @Former-Member @Shaz51 🙂

🐰💙

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance