Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Navigating work life and mental health // Tues 17 Sep, 7pm AEST

Yes those are other great tips to raise @Shaz51 and @CheerBear 

- if you have the opportunity and are comfortable opening up about whats going on for you at work can also be helpful. You can choose to what level of detail you tell people on this and you can take it slow

- It's okay to say no (even if it feels like it might not be) putting your wellbeing first and managing what you do and don't do is really good as it can ensure you are able to maintain your work without overdoing it

Re: Topic Tuesday // Navigating work life and mental health // Tues 17 Sep, 7pm AEST

You sure picked a tough topic tonight @Lauz . Thanks for it. Hopefully some of us will get some hints from this and be able to use them

@cutiepiekitty its not a super easy one, but I feel like everyone did such an amazing job at navigating their feelings throughout tonight and sharing some really helpful and valuable ideas and strategies. 

It is the end of the night now and I hope you have all gotten something out of tonight - its been a pleasure connecting with you all around this topic. I really appreciate each of you for coming in here and sharing your story and supporting one another as we work on ways to combat different aspects of work life with mental health!

I just want to share a few useful resources too:

We have in the past done some great events called 'Career chats' with special guest ostara - here is one on managing anxiety at work that might be worth a read

Wellbeing tips in the workplace from heads up 

Legal rights and responsibilities

Blackdog institute- workplace wellbeing tips

For wellbeing support:

Beyondblue 1300 22 4636

SANE Australia 1800 187 263

This thread will be open until tomorrow! Once it closes there will be a post event thread that we will share with you all here to be able to keep the conversation going 🧡

Good night all and thanks again!!

I used to have a good work life balance. Meditation and art were important to me in maintaining this and my mental wellbeing. 

Than work impacted my mental wellbeing.

I have seen it as necessary to take the time to address work and rebuild my mental health tools that were impacted by work. 

I worry that my employer will judge me for doing what I need to do and feel bad that I couldn't report what I experienced. 

I hope to get a balance back. 

Hi @Nessie 

Welcome to the SANE forums.  I am Whitehawk, moderating this evening. Congratulation on joining the forum and posting about your experiences.  I am confident that the forum members will be able to support, inform and connect with you.  If you need any assistance with using the forum feel free to consult the guidelines or reach out to other members or the moderators.

Again welcome aboard

Whitehawk

@Lauz  My workplace (pharmacy) are supportive of my mental health. Whenever I’m in hospital they’ve been great. 

My only worry now is soon there will be new owners and I’m worried if snd when I need to go to hospital or have time off - what will they say or what will happen. I don’t know if I should tell them. 

Sorry I dropped out last night everyone

@Lauz @Whitehawk @BlueBay @Nessie @cutiepiekitty @Snowie @outlander @Lise07 @CheerBear @Shaz51 @Fracturedlight @Tam28   great to see you all joining in such an interesting and challenging topic.  Some great questions and points raised, and excellent resources shared.  Lots of food for thought.   Looking forward to hearing of a follow-up thread to keep the discussion going - can someone please tag me there.  A special welcome to the new forum users here and good on you for participating.

Thanks for facilitating it @Lauz .

Hi everyone, this thread is now closing but you can continue discussions around expectations and work in this community thread: Managing expectations on ourselves about work feel free to get involved or if you haven't been through the forums before head to the Our Stories area and share what is going on for you at the moment ☺️

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance