Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Navigating work life and mental health // Tues 17 Sep, 7pm AEST

Of course - welcome @BlueBay ! Everyone that might find this thread tonight is welcome to join in 😊

Re: Topic Tuesday // Navigating work life and mental health // Tues 17 Sep, 7pm AEST

My work life is 3 days a week. Plus being a mum snd grandna at home. And do all bills, shopping etc. 

Just a quick note that I forgot to mention to everyone that comes along tonight - to just be aware of our guidelines around anonymity and respect. Please do not mention specific workplaces ✌️

@Snowie ❤ I too asked for only a week or two off and haven't gone back. It's tough. Mum duties are definitely work, as Lauz said above.

Don’t understand why I wasn’t tagged. Second time this has happened. 

It doesn’t matter now @Lauz 

Welcome @Snowie ! 

Yes, like @CheerBear mentioned, mum duties are just as valid and important in the realm of looking at 'work life'. It is a subjective term really and work life can apply to everyone in different ways and thats okay. 

Its important to note, that if you have taken time off or are not working that is 100% okay as well and to make sure that you manage self care around the expectations we can all sometimes put on ourselves. It is not a reflection of your intrinsic value - work is a sphere of our life and one of the many spheres. But for tonight its the one we are focusing on! 💙

Just made it here after a rotten day.

Work to me is often just getting through the day. I used to have jobs but when my physical health deteriorated I had to stop and with everything else now there is no way I could really do it. I spend two hours a fortnight helping look after littlies. It gives the mums time to get together and talk. It is also good for me to be able to play and learn to be the kid I never could be

My notifications are playing up a bit too @BlueBay. I'll refresh this thread rather than rely on notifications, but it can be a bit tricky.

You juggle a lot with all you have on being mum, grandma and working.

there isn't really much to say about my work except that its 24/7 🤔

Not sure why that didn't happen either @BlueBay - we can check in on that tomorrow (I will send you an email to make sure it's all working okay) but great to have you here now! 

Thanks to everyone for sharing a bit about what work life looks like to each of you. Lets move to our next discussion point for this evening!

download.jpg

When job seeking or desiring a new role, you may not always feel like you have relevant, industry based skills. However, there are plenty of transferable skills across all sectors that you can identify to then focus on applying to a new role application. There are things like team work, organisational skills, communication skills that you may have developed from tasks at home, through social interactions or life experience.

Can anyone share of of their transferable skills? Or if you are unsure, what are some tasks you do and we can help together to look at what the transferable skill is?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance