Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Lauz
Senior Contributor

Topic Tuesday // Navigating work life and mental health // Tues 17 Sep, 7pm AEST

TT LE Tile.jpg

Work life can mean very different things for different people, it might be about future goal setting to return to work, it might mean adjusting expecations wherever you are at or it could be looking at the role you are in and managing your wellbeing. In this Topic Tuesday we will be covering a broad range of topic areas to gain each others insights, strategies and tips to apply to a variety of circumstances! 

Want to receive an email reminder on the night? Hit the thumbs up (support) button below.

I'm new here - what is Topic Tuesday?

Topic Tuesday runs from 7pm - 9pm AEST monthly. Each month we focus on a different topic, with the session facilitated by a Community Manager or Moderator. Sometimes Topic Tuesday will feature a special guest, who is an expert in the topic.

The first post of the thread (this one) will give you an idea of what the topic is and what will be covered.

How do I get involved?

Topic Tuesday takes place right here! It's text based, so no software is needed. During the session, to keep up with the latest posts hit the 'refresh' button on your browser for the latest posts (it doesn't automatically update). Keep an eye for page numbers at the top & bottom of the page, and jump to the highest page number for the most recent post.

Throughout the session, the facilitator will put questions out for you to answer, usually asking for your own experience on the topic. To contribute to the session, just hit the 'reply' button and share your thoughts. No answers are right or wrong and everyone is welcome to get involved.

If you have any questions about how to use the Forums, check out our Guides

77 REPLIES 77

Re: Topic Tuesday // Navigating work life and mental health // Tues 17 Sep, 7pm AEST

Hello and welcome all! @Jonty @CheerBear @Bear25 @Adge @Autumn_2018 @cutiepiekitty @Queenie @Lise07 @Zoe7 @eth @Shaz51 @outlander 👋

For tonights topic Tuesday we are looking at work and mental health. Some of us may currently be working in a paid position, some may be volunterring, some of us may not be working and some of us may be working out their next steps around their work goals. Hopefully no matter where you are at, you find something useful tonight. 

Tonights group discussion will be around things like transferable skills, goals, interview tips and a few other things for us to all share our knowledge and experiences to help each other. I'm here to faciliate and prompt questions for us all to share thoughts, ideas and strategies on! I'll also share some resources at the end of the night. If you are having trouble at any point and find that you feel triggered by this topic, please engage in self care and reach out to a helpline - there are a few listed when you scroll up at the right hand side of the page 😊

To start us off can you let me know what does ‘work life’ mean to you at the moment?

Re: Topic Tuesday // Navigating work life and mental health // Tues 17 Sep, 7pm AEST

hello everyone 👋

Hello @Lauz  xx 

My Mr shaz says that everyone wants to feel wanted with work but most times he finds it soo hard to work 

We are self employed, and most times it is hard 

Hey everyone here already and everyone who might come by later 🙂

Aside from being mum (which is work to me!), work life for me at the moment is volunteering. I've been wanting to/trying to get back to work after a few years off and have taken up a volunteer position as a step back to it hopefully.

Hi @outlander & @Shaz51 

Welcome! Self employment can be a bit tricky I can imagine at times - great to have you along for this discussion

Hi @Lauz  I’m sure I pressed support button but nit tagged. Anywayus it ok to join in 

Hi @CheerBear thanks for joining us! Being a mum is definately a job in a lot of ways (although a very loved, meaningful and valuable one!) Great to hear that you are taking some steps back by entering into some volunteer work too 👍

Mr shaz says it is hard and stressful do quotes and jobs and which jobs to do @Lauz 

Just over two years ago I took a break from work. Was meant to be for 2 weeks. Two and a bit years later I still cannot work.

My work now consists of school run and 'mum duties'

@Lauz 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance