Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // NDIS: A Carers Journey // Tues 19 Nov, 7pm AEDT

my mothers ex husband who i am still close with has been hospitalised recently for a psych condition. we are only just beginning to work out where to start and if ndis can offer him anything helpful

@eth Heart

This is very informative @SarahPeerAmb  - The difference between NDIA and a local area coordinator particularly. I wonder if people are aware of the difference between the two? 

Sounds like you are a great support to him @Former-Member ! Certainly I am sure the NDIS have some options for him, there's a fair bit of info about access on their site here. 🙂 

When speaking to other carers, and also when speaking with NDIS participants, a lot of people are unaware of the difference 😞 It also varies depending on whether the person you care for is an adult or whether they are a child - if they are a child, they might be solely managed by a Local Area Coordinator. It can be quite confusing @nashy 

So sorry to hear about your mother's ex-husband @Former-Member - I hope he can get the support he needs 🙂

The Access Snapshots you posted about @nashy from the NDIS website are REALLY useful in my opinion. The "Evidence of Psychosocial Disability" form, which I believe is quite new, is also really useful. Great tips!

Great @SarahPeerAmb ! Really good to know there's some gold in the evidence of psychosocial disability 🙂 Hopefully our members check it out!

Hi @SarahPeerAmb @nashy @Shaz51 @Former-Member 

I am following along in the background because all this is new to me. I dk if my son would be eligible, and I have heard a lot about how onerous the process is so I'm keen to hear others' experiences. 

I dk what NDIA coordinator v local area is. Can someone spell it out - assume no knowledge at all for me!

i will look at this link tonight thanks for that @SarahPeerAmb @nashy 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance