Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Let's talk about Schizophrenia // Tues 25th May, 7:00-8:30PM AEST

In repsonse to music, is there anything it can't do?

no, no, no.

Re: Topic Tuesday // Let's talk about Schizophrenia // Tues 25th May, 7:00-8:30PM AEST

We are coming to the end of our discussion for tonight, and I want to say a huge thank you to everyone who joined us. There is still so much more of Schizophrenia Awareness Week to come, so please feel free to join in other events and activities SANE and One Door are hosting this week by checking out the list here

To our incredible guests @Jordan94 and @Sandy1, we are so grateful for your time and insights. We can't begin to express how grateful we are and how much we have all learned from you Heart 

To @TideisTurning and all those who joined tonight @Eden1919 @greenpea @Lilaca @Emelia8 @Mum1990 @Mellymead @Shaz51 @StuF, thank you for your openness, your questions and sharing your experiences. We hope you were able to get something from this that you can bring into your lives, relationships and communitiies 🙂

With that we bring this conversation to a close tonight. If you are interested in reading along, this conversation will be online to read back over in future too 🙂

Hi @Eden1919, I know finding crisis support that's effective for you can be really tough and I imagine it'd be frustrating not havi. SANE has a Helpcentre generally available between 10am-10pm, though unfortunately not a crisis service- I'd encourage you to get in touch as early as you can when you start to notice something's not quite right for the team at the Helpcentre to have the best chance of supporting you. 

Thank you for your reply
At present my brain is processing a lot of static let’s say and I have started on CBT which is amazing and I am really excited to be learning about making new ground in recovery
CBT is providing relief which is so hopeful just need advice on the intervals where logical cognitive function is not fully available so when my thoughts are about general difficulties like paranoia and mental telepathy the CBT is extremely useful
Where I struggle is when my mind is not on general functioning when it’s just like jumbled and messy my mind can often get the memory of hullucinations replace or add the the same label to that of a real memory of a real experience
Previously I could always make an immediate distinction between a memory of an hullucination and a memory of my actual experience the confusion can be distressing

@Daisydreamer 

Thanks all for a great discussion!

There is no right way to do recovery. It’s about finding peace in a mind that is sometimes unquiet and in turmoil. How to silence my voices and keep my delusions at bay? At night I fill my head with music with my iPod. I compose poems in my head while the nighttime hurls its insomnia at me. But in the morning, I get out of bed and face the day and know that if I hold my sanity firm in my heart and deny my voices, I have a chance to get through the day. Having friends to reality check and pets to pat all help. And words to find to make into poems help too. But that is my way. We all have to find our own way and what helps us.

Hi all,

Thankyou for your sharing and engaging discussion Smiley Happy As part of SAW, One Door have events on our facebook page

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance