Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Daisydreamer
Senior Contributor

Topic Tuesday // Let's Talk About Bipolar // Tues 23rd March, 7:00-8:30PM AEDT

Hi there and welcome to our Topic Tuesday Live Event 👋

On the 30th of March every year, World Bipolar Day is celebrated by thousands of people from across the globe. The purpose of this day is to raise awareness and understanding of Bipolar Disorder within our communities and reduce stigma. There are so many ways you can use your voice, and share your story this World Bipolar Day, starting right here in our forums community. 

Next week we welcome Bipolar Australia as our special guest who will be starting their week long celebrations leading up to World Bipolar Day here in the SANE Forums. 

Join us Tuesday the 23rd of March from 7:00-8:30pm AEDT this live Q&A style chat

Bipolar Australia_Topic Tuesday March 2021.png

What topics will we cover?

We will be talking many different topics from understanding bipolar disorders, to the role of connection and self-management, some of the recent research, and what we will be doing to raise awareness and use our voice this World Bipolar Day. 

Both our Lived Experience, and Friends, Family and Carers Forum members and visitors are welcome to join us for this live event! We will have questions for our guest and questions for our community, so feel free to jump in and share your story with us too.

Here's a little bit more about Bipolar Australia

"Bipolar Australia is a national non- profit organisation put together by people with bipolar disorders, caregivers and professionals. We are in the benefit of person-to-person approach, in bringing awareness to bipolar, in psych education and in encouraging Peer Bipolar and Inclusive Support Groups, for people living with bipolar, carers, families and friends.

Our Vision is for all people affected by bipolar disorders to live in a culturally diverse Australian society free from social stigma. Our Mission is to educate Australians about bipolar disorders, fostering understanding and sensitivity towards those affected, to be accepted in an all-inclusive society.

Nowadays bipolar can be diagnosed, treated, and managed. Recovery is possible."

Bipolar Australia.png

Please join us here on Tuesday the 23rd of March 2021 from 7:00pm-8:30pm AEDT to follow this conversation. 

Want to receive a reminder on the night? Hit the 'Support' button below.

I'm new here - what is this?

The event runs from 7:00pm-8:30pm AEDT and is a live, facilitated Q&A style discussion with a special guest who is a subject matter expert. Each fortnight we focus on a different topic with the session facilitated by a Community Manager or Moderator, and joined by a Peer Support Worker. 

The first post of the thread (this one) will give you an idea of what the topic is and what will be covered.

How do I get involved?

Our text-based event takes place right here! As it is text-based, no software is needed. During the session, to keep up with the latest posts hit the 'refresh' button on your browser for the newest comments (posts don't automatically load). The refresh button looks like this: refresh button.pngKeep an eye out for page numbers at the top & bottom of the page, and jump to the highest page number for the most recent post. We recommend using a desktop computer or laptop for the event for overall ease of use Smiley Very Happy.

Throughout the session, the facilitator will post questions for the guest to answer, and you can provide your answer too. To contribute to the event, just hit the 'reply' button and share your thoughts. No answers are right or wrong, and everyone is welcome to get involved! 

If you can't make it to the live event, but are still interested in the topic, you can always read back through this discussion at a later time. 

What time does this event start in my timezone?

• AEDT - 7:00pm
  • AEST - 6:00pm
  • ACDT - 6:30pm
  • ACST - 5:30pm
  • WST - 4:00pm

If you have any questions about how to use the Forums, check out our Forum Community Guidelines and FAQs. 

Topic Tuesday discussions can cover some heavy topics. If you are feeling distress during this live discussion, there are support options available to you. You can start a new discussion on the forums and talk to other members, contact the SANE Help Centre on 1800 18 7263, or find crisis support options here.

175 REPLIES 175

Re: Topic Tuesday // Let's Talk About Bipolar // Tues 23rd March, 7:00-8:30PM AEDT

Looks great @Daisydreamer! Just tagging a few other members who might be interested so they know this is happening @roses @Canoe @Daisy18 

Re: Topic Tuesday // Let's Talk About Bipolar // Tues 23rd March, 7:00-8:30PM AEDT

Just tagging a few more members who might be interested in this discussion coming up Tuesday at 7pm @Jenn4 @Mazarita @Ebnamik @greenpea @Furn @unsure2021 @Shaz51 @LostAngel @Chloe5635 @eth @frog @SJT63 @HenryX @db-2021 @HoneyOne @SuzzieMea @Luandlil @Toz @Scatterbrain @EgaleWhale @Former-Member 

Hello SANE Community and to all those who are reading along tonight!  👋

This Topic Tuesday Live Event will be starting in 20 minutes. Tagging members who have supported this post

@LostAngel @eth @Strivetothrive @Hawks83 @Mazarita @Shaz51 @greenpea @Jenn4 @frog @HenryX 

Tonight we are joined by The Susana from Bipolar Australia, talking about Bipolar Disorder and World Bipolar day. Here’s a little bit more about Susana:
"Hi, My name is Susana and I am here on behalf of Bipolar Australia, which is a national not for profit organisation put together by people with a lived experience of bipolar disorder, as well as  caregivers, and professionals. We work on community building and a person-to-person approach, in bringing awareness to bipolar disorder, in psychoeducation, and in encouraging peer support and inclusive support groups. Our vision is for all people affected by bipolar disorders to live in a culturally diverse Australian society free from social stigma. Our Mission is to educate Australians about bipolar disorders, fostering understanding and sensitivity towards those affected, to be accepted in an all-inclusive society."

We are also joined tonight by @TideisTurning , one of our Peer Support Workers here on the forums! 

Join us at 7pm AEDT when we kick off this live event! See you soon 😊

New to the forums or want to get involved in this discussion? You can sign up to the SANE forums and join in this conversation by replying to the posts below. If you get stuck, you can tag myself or @TideisTurning  for help with responding to the discussion.

A quick note for those who are reading along, to keep up with the conversation, make sure to continue to refresh the page to see new posts and comments. The refresh button will look something like this:refresh button.png

This Topic Tuesday might discuss themes that may be triggering. If you are feeling distress during this live discussion, there are support options available to you. You can contact the SANE Help Centre on 1800 18 7263, or find crisis support options here.

Excited to get this going! I'll just tag a few more members who may be interested so they know this is happening @Meowmy @Clawde @Dasha @SJT63 😊

Let’s get started!

Welcome everyone to our Topic Tuesday live event- Let’s talk about Bipolar. My name is Daisydreamer, and today I am joined today by our special guest @SusanaBA from Bipolar Australia, and peer worker @TideisTurning.

Tonight, we will be talking about Bipolar Disorder. We also invite community members to jump in, share your experiences and ask questions.

As we get started on the first question, we would like to invite all those following along to introduce yourself and what brings you to the discussion tonight

Hi @TideisTurning @Daisydreamer 

I'm here because I have Bipolar 1, undiagnosed for decades.

I like hearing from other people with similar experiences.

@TideisTurning hey thanks for the tag. Have a good evening.

Hi there, my husband has persistent depressive disorder and bipolar and I would like to learn more about

Hi everyone! 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance