Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // How to support yourself while supporting others // Tues 18 June, 7pm AEST

Alright everyone thank you so much again, we will now be logging off for the night 🙂 I will be leaving the thread open for you all to debrief until tomorrow Heart

Again - a huge thank you to Julia from @eheadspace  What incredible answers and resource. Thank you so much - 'gnite all!

Re: Topic Tuesday // How to support yourself while supporting others // Tues 18 June, 7pm AEST

Goodnight everyone and thanks for a really rich and meaningful discussion tonight!!! All the very best! 

Hi julia...im in a rough space at the moment. I suffer with schizoaffective disorder wich is under control with medication and counseling but my best friend also has a mental illness and im also a single mum with full custody of my two daughters and their father my ex partner and his new partner have drug addiction problems and they have a new child who is now related to my children and i worry for everyone. I often obsess about my ex partners problems with drug addiction and worry for his new child and i also worry for my friend who sometimes doesnt cope well with life stresses and i also try to support my children however i feel a bit lost at the moment and just wish i could have a big sleep for a week and wake up feeling refreshed but i know thats not an option . Ive had people tell me to do mindfullness relaxation but i just have no energy and i feel like i just want to have a few drinks and smoke ciggarettes however i know this aint the best idea. Im just so tired.

Hi @Daisy15  sorry you just missed the discussion last night.  If you're new to the forums then welcome.  There were some really good ideas for self-care while looking after others in the discussion.  Maybe it would be helpful for  you to read through it if you can.  You certainly have a lot on your plate.  Sending you strength and hoping you find some of the suggestions helpful.

@eheadspace  Julia and @nashy  tagging you here and hoping you can respond to and help Daisy15.  Tagging you too @outlander  and @CheerBear  coz you're both caring for children while looking after yourself like Daisy15 is and you might be able to give some tips.

sorry i missed topic tuesday last night but it looks like it was a good and helpful chat

hi @Daisy15 and welcome to you.im not sure i can be much help as im not a mum. i can relate trying to maintain your own wellbeing while worrying and having to care for others too. would you like to start a thread for yourself so that i and others can support you more? please feel free to have a look around as well and join in where you like.
if youd like to tag a member, just put an @ before the members name just as weve done for you

Hi everyone at the sane forums and thanks to those already who have replied to my post. Im not the most tech savy so i will give this a go. Thanks to @outlander who mentioned maybe the post i put up last night could be a new thread. Im happy for that to go ahead @outlander as id love to hear anyones ideas or similar situations or helpful tips on how to manage these kinds of stresses and feelings that me and perhaps others are going through. Thanks. Daisy15

your post sounds like a great starter. perhaps you could copy it and then past into a new thread. @Daisy15
if you click on 'Our stories' or 'Somethings not Right' then click new discussion itll create a thread for you
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance