Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // How do you support yourself through the festive season // Tues 11 Dec, 7pm AEDT

How would I go about doing that @Robert_Lifeline

Re: Topic Tuesday // How do you support yourself through the festive season // Tues 11 Dec, 7pm AEDT

I like that idea @Robert_Lifeline The last 2 years I have had christmas at my place - some through necessity so I didn't have to travel with being unwell and some so I had more 'control' over my surroundings. Both years have ended quite well - it is amazing how much better I have done being in what I consider a safe place for me at home.

And amazingly it's already that time of evening where we will wrap up tonight's Topic Tuesday.

A huge thank you to @Robert_Lifeline for his incredible insight and efforts, thank you so much, you've been super wonderful -  I know I have learnt alot. And of course a giant thank you to all of you for joining! Your insights have been incredible as well. To everyone here and @Robert_Lifeline:

giphy (4).gif

I will leave this thread open until tomorrow in case any of the members want to debrief with one another 🙂 Chat to you all soon! Goodnight.

@Former-Member  What would yo like to do? Sorry for answering a Q with a Q - but really, you are the best person to answer that in terms of what matters to you, how you would want xmas to be (what were the qualities you wanted back then as a child? & how can you create activities etc around getting those?)...

Goodnight @nashy and thank you @Robert_Lifeline for your time and insight here tonight.

@nashy  Thank you and thank you everyome for having me. I wish you all the best and much self-kindness - and encourage you to DO your self-care in a way that works for you

@Zoe7 - I think you hit the nail on the head.  Feeling safe/ in a safe place during the Christmas season makes it that much easier. 

Thanks @Robert_Lifeline@nashy

Thanks @nashy and @Robert_Lifeline, and everyone else for sharing.  Nice to know I’m not alone on this topic

@utopia This year I will be at my sister's place but it is only 5 minutes from my place so I can go home if I need to. I will also have Toby with me so that gives me an out if I need it.

@Former-Member I think starting your own traditions is important - it can be something as simple as making your own decorations with your son - making things that are oersonal to you. They don't even need to be 'christmassy' - but things that can brighten up your home.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance