Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Helping a loved one who doesn't want help // Tues 26 June, 7pm AEDT

thank you @sbmc

thank you @Lauz for tonight Heart

@sbmc, @menundi83, @Yabitha, @Corny, @Adge, @Former-Member, come and have a look around the forum and meet some wonderful carers and members

I am going to bed now , very tired , but can I tag you all tomorrow , or @Former-Member and @Adge can tag you now to our hot chocolate thread xoxo

Re: Topic Tuesday // Helping a loved one who doesn't want help // Tues 26 June, 7pm AEDT

Thank you @Lauz for facilitating this. It was great to read through everyone’s experiences and the prompts you posted are very good reminders of some of the important things that can fall by the wayside when caring for people.

Like @Adge, tonight’s discussion has been a good prompt for me to keep reflecting on my listening skills and focus on my boundaries and self care. I’m also going to book mark those resources and read them throughout the week.

@Shaz51 Will do! Got chocolate thread sounds delicious!

Hey @menundi83 and @Gaye1 - just a heads up, these topic tuesday events will close off for replies tomorrow so you may find it a bit more useful to start a discussion topic around this in the carers forum - perhaps in this area here. Also gives others a chance tp provide their advice as well! Smiley Happy

Thanks @Lauz for tonights conversation. Very informative, and despite not having much to say, I did gain something from it. 

Thanks to all the contributors throughout the evening too. Cannot have a conversation without contributions. Always interesting to hear others perspectives and experiences on things. @sbmc@Shaz51@menundi83@Adge@Corny and anyone else I may have missed.

Sherry

My son had been admitted into hospital several times also. The problem is that he is an adult and does not share his discharge plans. When I see him sleeping too much or too little; not taking responsibility etc,I feel helpless because he is distant then in a downward spiral in front of me. 

Hi  I am also in NSW and tried the Comet team.  Just a joke.  There hands are also tied and basicly closed the file and said the person was ok.  A psychiatrist he had seen told me he needed to be hospitalised and forced injections but the Comet team just ignorned me.  The are frightened of the legality of the situation, everyone is frightened of being suied or losing their jobs.  

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance