Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Exercise as Therapy // Tues. 19 June 7pm AEST

Oh yes - exercise boosts happy chemicals!

I could do with lots more of those...

Adge

Thanks to everyone for sharing your experiences. It’s interesting to hear your view on exercise and mental health and I hope there’s been some learning or wisdom you’ll take away with you from tonight’s discussion.

If you’d like to keep the conversation going, you might like to create a new discussion to explore your experiences on this topic.

I’ll leave you with a few links to some more info on exercise and mental health, including some practical tools from the Black Dog Institute to get you thinking more about starting an exercise routine as part of your recovery. Here goes…

Exploring the pros and cons of exercise

Exercise for PTSD

Exercise Right

Overcoming barriers to exercise

Couch to 5k App

Exercise your mood

Build your own exercise hour

How to exercise when you feel like you can’t

Weekly exercise plan

Exercising to relax

Exercising with limited mobiity

As a reminder, if this discussion has triggered anything for you, please reach out to a crisis line for support: Lifeline 13 11 14. If you have concerns about your relationship with your body weight, shape, and/or exercise, please reach out to the Butterfly Foundation: https://thebutterflyfoundation.org.au/our-services/helpline/

Thanks again everyone. Goodnight  😴

1. There are a variety of options available to engaging in exercise. You should choose the one you think would suit you best.

2. It's good to just have a go
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance