Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Daisydreamer
Senior Contributor

Topic Tuesday // Covid-19 and reflecting on the dynamic times of 2020 // Tues 15th December, 7-8:30PM AEDT

At the end of each year, many people stop to reflect on the year that has passed and share their hopes for the year to come. For many people, 2020 has been a big year during the Covid-19 pandemic and we have seen conversations across the forums throughout the year discussing the impact in all areas of life; mental health and wellbeing, connection, employment, ways of living, and ways of coping. 

As the year draws to a close, we will be taking time to reflect on the year as a whole from the biggest challenges we faced, to the new growth and learnings, the places we found joy and connection, and the strategies we will take with us into the new year. 
Topic Tuesday_Covid 19 and reflections 2020 (1).png

We will be joined by one of our amazing Sane Moderators @Tortoiseshell, who many of you may know from moderating the online community for two and a half years! @Tortoiseshell will be sharing their reflections from this year and the impact of Covid-19 on their life in Melbourne. 

Please join us on the 15th of December from 7:00pm-8:30pm AEDT as we discuss reflections on a dynamic year. We are combining Topic Tuesday's from both the Lived Experience Forum and the Friends, Families and Carers Forum this month. We look forward to hearing all of your insights!

Want to receive a reminder on the night? Hit the 'Support' button below.

I'm new here - what is this?

The event runs from 7pm - 8.30pm AEDT on the 15th of December. Each month we focus on a different topic, with the session facilitated by a Community Manager or Moderator. 

The first post of the thread (this one) will give you an idea of what the topic is and what will be covered.

How do I get involved?

Our text-based event takes place right here! As it is text-based, no software is needed. During the session, to keep up with the latest posts hit the 'refresh' button on your browser for the newest comments (it doesn't automatically update). Keep an eye out for page numbers at the top & bottom of the page, and jump to the highest page number for the most recent post. We recommend using a desktop computer or laptop for the event for overall ease of use Smiley Very Happy.

Throughout the session, the facilitator will post questions for you to answer, usually asking for your own experience on the topic. To contribute to the event, just hit the 'reply' button and share your thoughts. No answers are right or wrong, and everyone is welcome to get involved! 

What time does this event start in my timezone?

• AEDT 7-8:30PM
  • AEST- 7pm
  • ACDT- 6:30pm
  • ACST- 5:30pm
  • WST- 4pm

If you have any questions about how to use the Forums, check out our Guides

Topic Tuesday discussions can cover some heavy topics. If you are feeling distress during this live discussion, there are support options available to you. You can start a new discussion on the forums and talk to other members, contact the SANE Help Centre on 1800 18 7263, or find crisis support options here.

141 REPLIES 141

Re: Topic Tuesday // Covid-19 and reflecting on the dynamic times of 2020 // Tues 15th December, 7-8:30PM AEDT

Hello to everyone joining us for tonight's Topic Tuesday discussion! 

We will be starting the conversation right at 7pm AEDT (15 minutes time) Smiley Happy

Tagging everyone who supported this post as a reminder @Shazi55 @Jupiter @DD14 @Owlunar @Peonies @LostAngel @BlueBay @Judi9877 @TideisTurning @Former-Member @frog @Maggie @Snowie 

Chat soon 

Re: Topic Tuesday // Covid-19 and reflecting on the dynamic times of 2020 // Tues 15th December, 7-8:30PM AEDT

Welcome everyone reading along and posting tonight! 😊 Let's get started

This is our last Topic Tuesday for the year, and so we wanted to reflect together on the year past- the challenges, the learnings and the things we will take forward to next year. 

Tonight we welcome our special guest @Tortoiseshell to speak about their experiences and reflections on this year. You may know @Tortoiseshell as a community Moderator here in the forums!

We will also be joined by @TideisTurning, one of our amazing peer workers who will be joining in the conversation and sharing their insights.

Hey everyone 🎉

You might know me as a mod on the forums. I love modding to see the incredible support and connection in this community, but also because I’m inspired by members’ resilience in the toughest of times. I look forward to reflecting on COVID and the year with you all, as it’s been a tough one for me, but at the same time there’s been a lot of learning!  

A bit about me: 

• My mod name is Tortoiseshell because my first cat was a Tortoiseshell. She was stray for the first 6 months of her life and very feisty, I got many a scratch! 
  • I love reading – fantasy and fiction especially.  
  • The Sound of Music is my favourite film. Julie Andrews & Christopher Plummer 😍

I love how you chose your name @Tortoiseshell! Such a lovely connection😊

Sorry @Daisydreamer got a bit overexcited and intro'd myself already!

Hi @Daisydreamer @Tortoiseshell @TideisTurning 

Glad to be here tonight on the last group session! 

Welcome @Judi9877 awesome to have you here 🌺

Agreed @Daisydreamer. What a lovely way to honour a great friend! The cat picture makes a lot more sense too! 😊

Love the enthusiasm @Tortoiseshell 

We have our first question for you, and encourage anyone following along to also answer with your perspectives too!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance