Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Comfort in chaos: Looking after yourself and others during challenging times // Tues 30th June, 7-8.30pm AEST

With physical distancing in place, how have you been attempting to feel connected during this time?

I am sorry to have to say @Jupiter I have virtually given up on attempting to feel connected.

Not completely (of course), but I've been on my own for too long.

Nothing has worked very well - there have been few positive outcomes (sad to say).

Adge

Re: Topic Tuesday // Comfort in chaos: Looking after yourself and others during challenging times // Tues 30th June, 7-8.30pm AEST

With physical distancing in place, how have you been attempting to feel connected during this time?

@jem80@frog@Jupiter 

Facebook

texting 

phone calls 

So sorry to hear about your lovely old dog @frog Heart She will always have a special place in your heart... I'm glad you have such an understanding and supportive team. "Laughing in the face of adversity" I love that.

Awesome you can connect with other vols through video calls @NatureLover Smiley Very Happy

Very true @jem80 a picture says a thousand words...

@Jupiter 

I live with my husband and children so stay connected to them.

Otherwise I have been happy with the physical distancing, being around people always increases my anxiety.

Thanks @Shaz51 I value friendships & connections immensely - so my increased social isolation does not make any sense.

I come alive, when sharing with people I feel comfortable with - Not exactly the "Life of the Party" adge(but close)....

I am sorry to hear you have virtually given up on feeling connected @Adge We are all here for you on the forums!

I feel like it has been a whirlwind of discussion and ideas tonight! One final discussion point as we wind down for the night...

Having shared with others, what is one take away you have gained from participating? Maybe it’s a sense that you are not alone in your feelings, perhaps it’s a specific coping technique you would like to try out?

@Adge wrote:

I am sorry to have to say @Jupiter I have virtually given up on attempting to feel connected.

Not completely (of course), but I've been on my own for too long.

Nothing has worked very well - there have been few positive outcomes (sad to say).

Adge

Really sorry to hear that you've been feeling so disconnected, @Adge  😞

I will take away that I have my forum family here to support me

The Value of Pets for Companionship @Jupiter I have a Cat, as well as birds.

That feeling fearful & uncertain (or shaky) seems to be a shared (common) experience.

Adge

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance