Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Are you feeling alone? Carers Support and Discussion // Tues 25 Feb, 7pm AEDT

Hi @nashy

Re: Topic Tuesday // Are you feeling alone? Carers Support and Discussion // Tues 25 Feb, 7pm AEDT

@nashy, my greatest support is the Sane Forum first has help me sooo much 

second would be my family to a point , they really do not understand 

@Adge Welcome! Great to see you 🙂 

hello @Adge , @Former-Member , @Jacques 

I don't have time to feel alone. My role as a Carer is totally time consuming so I have no time to think about myself really. As for getting support and sharing my experiences with  other mental health careers the Barwon Health meet ups and previous activities run by Wellways were a great help. Too bad they lost government funding with their take over by the NDIS / NDIA ?which has been of no benefit to me.

Thanks for sharing this @Shaz51, I am so stoked to hear the forums have been a great base for social support. In regards to family am I right that sometimes this is helpful, but there are certain aspects of the role they can't quite empathise with? Keen to hear more if you're up for it 🙂

i agree @Laeticia63 , i don`t have time to feel alone either my friend 

Going to carer education and coming on the forum - finding others who understood and kindly listened until I came to peace with our new reality.

images - 2020-02-25T185129.475.jpeg

This is my second time posting on the Sane Carer Forum after a long period of absence. Possibly two years? I do notice that in the previous format there were many more contributions and responses!

@Shaz51said - "my greatest support is the Sane Forum first has help me sooo much

second would be my family to a point , they really do not understand".

In terms of the Forum - it's the sense of connection, not so much for advice or problem-solving.

Yep, me too - I could say almost exactly the same about my situation & family (relatives).

Adge

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance