Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Paperdaisy
Peer Support Worker

Topic Tuesday // ADHD // Tuesday 22nd February, 7:00- 8:30PM AEDT

Hi SANE Lived Experience Forum, 

This Tuesday the 22nd of February we invite you to join in a discussion about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), with two very special guests! We will be welcoming the founder of ADHD Support Australia (adhdsupportaustralia.com.au ) to the SANE forums to share some helpful insights on living with ADHD and parenting a child with ADHD. Furthermore, we are joined by our very own @Jynx , who will be sharing their lived experience and probably a few memes thrown in for good measure!

ADHD jpeg.jpeg

ADHD is a neurodevelopmental condition, and with increasing awareness more and more people are receiving a diagnosis later in life. ADHD comes in different forms and can impact people in various ways. Unfortunately, there are still misconceptions and stigma associated with ADHD and we hope to address these in our discussion with our lived experience experts, to give people a better understanding of the complexities of this condition.

Join the SANE Forums Community as we talk about ADHD from a lived experience perspective and hopefully alter some of the common misconceptions and discuss strategies to embrace it if you are living with or caring for someone with a diagnosis of ADHD.

Please join the discussion here on Tuesday the 22nd of February 2022 from 7:00pm-8:30pm AEDT to follow this conversation. 

Want to receive a reminder on the night? Hit the 'Support' button below and we will tag you before the event starts. 

New to the forums or want to get involved in this discussion? Check out the How To Guide for Topic Tuesdays.

Chat to you then!

Paperdaisy 💝

93 REPLIES 93

Re: Topic Tuesday // ADHD // Tuesday 22nd February, 7:00- 8:30PM AEDT

Hi Everyone, We will be kicking off this discussion in about 20 mins, sadly ADHD Support Australia can’t make it tonight, but that's OK cause we are so excited to have our very own @Jynx  !!! 

This discussion will talk about ADHD from a lived experience perspective and hopefully give you some helpful tips for managing your life or for supporting someone you care about. This is your chance to learn and contribute any of your own experiences for the benefit of the community 😊

Tagging those who supported this post and may be interested

@demoncat @Bristle @Girlpower14 @Kewton @JD-03 @Pg12 @Campbarry @Mina @Teej 

@Briar @greenspace @Millieme @AFK @TideisTurning @Rhye @Shaz51 

Hi there SANE community,

Welcome to our discussion about ADHD. We are joined by @Jynx  who has their own lived experience of ADHD. Also joining us tonight is the lovely @Daisydreamer .

What are you most interested in and what do you hope to explore in this discussion? 

Hello everyone, glad to be here tonight!

Welcome @Jynx and @Paperdaisy, and to @Teej 🙂

Howdy Folks! 

So glad to be here to talk your ears off about ADHD!

C6BC9B44-60D8-4A5D-9239-AA1804FC35D1.JPG

Welcome @Shaz51 😊

Hello @Paperdaisy , @Jynx , @Daisydreamer 😀👋

2 of my step children were diagnosis with ADHD 

Also have looking after children with ADHD 

My husband was diagnosed with adult ADHD 

For those who are online at the moment, we are just starting our Topic Tuesday talking about ADHD and would love to invite you to join!

@AFK @Bow @Bristle @CrazyChick @Gurty @Flying_Hams @HenryX @JayneB @Jerome @MattsOpinion @Rosemary4 @Shaz51 @greenpea 

If you are interested in joining the discussion, you can share your thoughts and hear from our guest @Jynx! To follow along, make sure to refresh your page every few minutes to load all the latest posts. We hope to see you soon 🙂

@Shaz51 you could be running this discussion! 😁

I did chuckle at the meme @Jynx 😆

Hi @Paperdaisy , @Daisydreamer 

Hmm why am I here? I guess I wanted/needed to see a discussion about ADHD.

I’m one of the many women who was diagnosed in my 50s after a lifetime of chaos. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance