Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

NikNik
Senior Contributor

A conversation with Sarah Wilson // Wed. 11 May // 7pm AEST

Sarah Wilson ad.png

This Wednesday author and presenter Sarah Wilson will be joining us for a conversation about anxiety. For Sarah’s next big project, she is delving into the deep and philosophical questions by exploring her own and others’ journey through anxiety. 

We will be tackling questions like -

Is our aim to be happy?

Does uncertainty affect anxiety?

What does your anxiety look like and feel like?

So grab a virtual cup of tea and join us from 7pm – 9pm AEST to hear more about Sarah’s story, share your own insights and contribute to Sarah’s upcoming project.

Two things you can do now:

1. Register to participate in the discussion

2. Hit 'Like' below to receive a reminder on the night 

178 REPLIES 178

Re: A conversation with Sarah Wilson // Wed. 11 May // 7pm AEST

Welcome everyone to our conversation with Sarah Wilson.  She's an author and presenter with wide-ranging interests in world of health.  We've very excited to have her with us this evening to discuss anxiety.  She's shared part of her own journey with anxiety in her blog and she's now working on a new project in this area.  She's with us tonight to share a few things she's learned along the way and to learn more about your experiences with this condition.

A big hello to all those who wanted to join the conversation tonight

@A93, @Syp, @Sarah108, @Jules, @EmbracingArms, @Angels333, @sunfrog24h, @Jennifer_waugh, @Jaa66, @MudandBralettes, @Jeri, @JamJim, @KAS2016, @Jess967, @Kellsbells, @Mary2, @Pepperoni, @Lou1, @Florentine, @Grace_1991, @mumsbestfriend, @Alyssapetal, @BooK, @Deb13, @Shaz51@Eljet, @sunsetstudies, @MoonGal, @BlueBay, @theaveragejoe

And a warm welcome to anyone else who would like to join the conversation this evening.  Please jump in at any point - everyone's experiences are valid and valuable.  

Sarah, perhaps you can kick things off by telling us a little about what anxiety is like for you.

,Re: A conversation with Sarah Wilson // Wed. 11 May // 7pm AEST

Hey everyone, thank you so much for joining me here. I have anxiety. Have had it since I was about 6 or so. Me, I describe the FEELING of my anxiety in my body as a ball of knotted wool with competing thoughts tugging at it. They tug from all angles - 10000s- of them, and they knot things tighter and tighter and messier and messier. And I can't find the original thred. I'd really love to hear how it FEELS for you...perhaps a visual or physical anology you use a lot?

Some describe as an icepick in the heart....etc!!

Re: ,Re: A conversation with Sarah Wilson // Wed. 11 May // 7pm AEST

For me it is a feeling that everything is wrong, and that I cannot put it right

hello!!

@joannahCan I ask how it feels in your body? And perhaps also "what" is wrong? what feels out of place...PS I TOTALLY get the same sense....

Hi @Shaz51 and @joannah.  Welcome.  Shaz I know that you're husband suffers from anxiety.  How would he describe it?

For me it's like a boa constrictor around my body, getting tighter and tighter as more thoughts come into my head 

Sarah, that's a really powerful visual.  I immediately picture the ball of wool in your head.  But does it live other places too?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance