Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

tisme
Senior Contributor

what now

I was seeing a psychiatrist who disagreed with previous diagnosis of bipolar affective because i didnt have any manic sessions.  ( unfortunately I do ) not like mum did wallpapering the walls at 2am but what I call " going berserk" cleaning the house from one end to the other ( not easy to do with arthritis etc but something pushes me.). Cant see him anymore cos he is too far away.  and the others dont bulk bill.  I cant get transport to get there because Im not disabled Im a carer. The system who pats itself on the back as if they are fixing mental health problems either by talk or locking people up , is feeding the depression /mental health problems

4 REPLIES 4

Re: what now

Hi @tisme,

I'm so sorry to hear that these challenges are getting in the way of accessing support at the moment, and you've had these negative experiences with the mental health system. I'm glad you've come on the forums today to get some support. I'm wondering what you or other people have found helpful to keep going when you're doing the hard work of trying to get the right support and diagnosis?

Take careSmiley Happy

Tortoiseshell

tisme
Senior Contributor

hassle the heck out of every politician i can think of whether they are ain my electorate or not. being a carer means i cant access some of the supports I need to help ease the situation so I sent the politicians a bill for services rendered over the last 40 years I have been a carer 24/7 mentioning that if I had that money I could get some of the help I needed eg a psychiatrist I could connect with etc ( not heard back ) i dont need a psychologist that just chats like a social club, i dont need a psychol that just tells me " when you are thinking something negative , think something positive.  ( if i could do that i wouldnt be so depressed). 

@tisme

The mental health system is stuffed.  As is the system that's meant to look after the carers.

Keep writing to the politicians. Keep on their backs. 

tisme
Senior Contributor

trouble is there arent enough that care to unite and try to do something. everyone complains about politicians n policies but not enough leve thier ballot papers blank 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance