Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: sex

Hi Bella @Shaz51

Still solo so I cant say much about sex at the moment but I was just looking at a TED talk by the artist Alex Grey who started the Chapel of Sacred Mirrors... but also some very interesting erotic and spiritual performance art "shows."

Redraw
Senior Contributor

I am a heterosexual male, I find no sex without love pointless and always have which is probably why my sexual partners can be counted on one hand with room left over, but I have my honour and my dignity even if thats all I ever have

Redraw
Senior Contributor

That should say I find sex without love pointless

DEar @Appleblossom

Ille have a look at that once I've come back from church this morning. I havent had sex for months and months. 

My husband is playing Bob Dylan for me. 

I'm going to have a coffee in a cafe when chuch is finished and sit in a cafe in ................. where we are on a holiday for a week. It is so beautiful here. We live in paradise in PErth and now we are in extra paradise here. 

This is how I feel at least. 

Of course, I havent travelled for a few years. Apple, do you want to travel overseas? I have no need to do that...yeaterday.......my brother  purchsed a home in America so I guess I'lle hop over to America and clean his home out. lol lol HE works very hard so does his partner and kids.......

Ille work hard to get some pennies together and go opshopping for bopks in San FRansisco.....the second hand books are AWESOME.....

Love xx

good morning @Redraw, @PeppiPatty, @Appleblossom

I think too that the anti depressants and anti anxiety meds have a lot to do with relationships and sex

@PeppiPatty, took my hubby on his first plane trip years ago and he said he would like to travel , but not now anymore , He is wanting to stay home more and more

you are like me @Shaz51

Our husbands have no hope in isolating themselves.....I'm even deciding to go to church and he usually comes with me too. 

jupiter-triple-eclipse.jpg.75x68_q80_crop-smart.jpg

Same here @PeppiPatty xx

For me its been 16 years. Peppi. Tho my brother is wanting to talk about it a lot, and him being too sick to do it, and the long list of gorgeous gals he meets on his travels in meditation and cancer related clinics and workshops.

Like you @PeppiPatty I dont need to travel. Did a lot a long time ago, and find we have enough interesting people coming to our own shores ... that I dont feel the need to leave .. maybe .. but not concerned either way.

Hi @Redraw wouldnt it be great if love and sex were always connected ... in this world it doesnt seem to work that way.

There was a post about being "hot"?? @Shaz51 Have you cooled down enough?

Change123
Senior Contributor

@Former-Member

This is such a untouched subject that needs to be discussed.  Sex is brrakin gup our relationship or rather lack of.  My partner has bipolarand seems to be over sexed and wants it every day and if he can 2 a day.  I on the other having BPD & PTSD have issues with sex from childhood (I think) cant remember too much but dont like initmacy with my mouth for some reason.  Because he complains I'm no adventurous enough I get anxiety now before hand and then just wnat it over with.  I enjoy it sometimes but most times I can do without and like other said its mainly the emotional connection I crave not the actual act of sex.  I think a lot of guys (not all) see sex differently its more of a primal urge and something they need to make themselves feel worthwhile and complete.  I know if I knock back my partner he gets shitty becuase he thinks I'm shitty with him and I'm not I just dont want sex.  Men and women are so different on how they see sex but MI definitely plays a huge role whether its the anxiety it causes, flashbacks or simply the meds that take away our libido.  So at the moment I just have sex to please my partner.

Redraw
Senior Contributor

Well I think sex as an act is used by either gender for specific purposes, some simple, some complex, usually different purposes dependant on gender, for me it's a very sacred thing that should be explored with a person you feel a deep emotional connection with namely love, most people of either gender have given up on this premise for lust and ego, that isn't to say that I have a limited libido but it has a stasis and active mode dependant on emotion. But odds are I will never know either love again as sad as that seems I retain the capability but it seems no one cares perhaps I ask to much 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance