Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: rough time

Smiley FrustratedSmiley FrustratedSmiley Frustrated

@outlanderHeartYou have a right to be upset, when it was preventable. 

thanks @Appleblossom Heart its to late now though so ill have to just manage it the best i can

@outlander Facing up to disability is tricky.  I have respect for some who can do it with humour and penash, but there is always the REAL suffering behind it all.

Smiley Happy

Thanks @Sans911 I have my own version of white coat anxiety.

it is tricky, it sucks being young yet 'old' in the physical ways. @Appleblossom i do have a good chiro, physio for all sorts of things and podiatrist and they are quite helpful when i need, when the pain isnt flared its quite managable so thats a good point.

it is the reason i tell others to seek a second opinion if something doesnt sit right them 😉

Thanks I will keep that in mind. 

I need to log off.

Take Care Bellas

Both of you @Sans911 @outlander

Ha hah 

All 3 of you @Former-Member

are beautiful

just saw you peeping behind the like.

Heart

take care @Appleblossom Heart

hello @Former-Member

Even after 20 odd years as a nurse, there's still lots of things that make me say 'huh' and also wtf!

Morbid means an unhealthy interest in unpleasant things, particularly death.

But probably in your context it is also the affliction of disease. They have a morbid condition,which at some point will result in death.

Dr's or health professionals will often talk more about mortality and morbidity. So mortality is the state of an unhealthy or diseased individual, while mortality is the state of death (or being mortal).

I'm not sure but I suspect you've heard the term morbidly obese? So these people are so obese they risk an increase in disease and premature death.

Pathological essentially means the study of disease. But it can also mean a person who's unable to control their behaviour. Like someone who's a pathological liar.

@outlander

Hope these are helpful

lol @Sans911 theres lots of that happening here esp in the cardiovascular system-its hard!
yes your response is helpful, thank you! makes more sense now!
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance