Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: rough time

Goodnight @Sans911

How are you tonight @outlander

I am a headachey and sparky. I took a prn and normal meds so hope I settle soon.

morning everyone Heart
@Sans911@Appleblossom(hoping you both got some sleep) @Snowie @Zoe7 @Former-Member @Owlunar@Teej @Former-Member @CheerBear and all passing through

hoping todays a good day for you all, or at least have some good moments

Goodmorning @outlander Heart

Morning @outlander, @Zoe7 and anyone who may come by. Hoping you're feelinga little better today outlander. 🌞 and 🌈 for you.

@Zoe7 I did some parent helping in the art room with the art teacher yesterday. She's doing concert at the moment and asked for some extra hands for props. We chatted for ages and I listened to how much she's putting in to this big gig and how much she loves the kids and wants the best for them. I had a moment imagining I could have been chatting with you. Just wanted to share that one as it was a nice feels one 💗

thank you @CheerBear Heart
and that sounds like a lovely conversation too.

awww @CheerBear what a lovely thing for you to do and how nice it is that you thought of me Heart I am going to ask if I can take a small group of kids to do the christmas pageant this year - it has been a couple of years since I have been at work and able to do it but the kids absolutely love doing it - I suppose the worst that can happen is the Principal says no but I am hoping she won't - that could set my motivation back a lot. I will let you know how it goes next week when I see her.

@outlander

@Zoe7

@Snowie

@CheerBear

Morning all. I had a rotten night's sleep. Feels like I have sand in my eyes today. Cats are dozing nicely which I wish I could do. But I've had two phone calls from the chair of the suicide prevention community network I volunteer for. She's told me I didn't promote a certain event enough and not doing enough other things. She keeps saying she'll take the social media stuff off me and give it to someone else. Of, she's been ultra polite and democratic. I'm annoyed, but too tired to care today. I put in a lot of volunteer hours, mostly daily, and I don't mind, because I enjoy it. But I can't be bothered if on hand I'm being told I'm doing great, then on the other I'm not doing enough. Anyway, rant over.

Hope every one else has a nice day, or reasonable anyway.

Seems to me @Sans911 that this women is 'biting the hand that feeds her' - you are doing something wonderful volunteering and sharing so much of yourself yet you are not getting enough encouragement for doing so - you can only do what you can do Hon and if that is not enough then let them try to find someone else (I know that is not what you want though as you enjoy what you are doing). Some people just do not have the 'people' skills to do certain jobs and along with that they also often do not have the life experience or holistic knowledge to be a positive advocate - you have all of that and that should be acknowledged and encouraged Smiley Happy

I don't want to paint her as a bad person @Zoe7

because she's not. She's got very good people skills, she's very influential and persuasive. She has a background in marketing and PR. And she has lived experience too. Although she says this isn't about her ego, she has a life coaching business, so all this networking and engagement and exposure must be helping. I feel narky saying that. And how she says things isn't nasty. So I'm conflicted. But I'm realistic that I won't continue in this role forever. I will in time be working again, and so will need to step back from some of my volunteer work.

It's taken me ages to write this post because of various distraction. I'm so distracted now I can't think what to write so I'll just hit send

I am sure she is not a bad person @Sans911 but maybe just doesn't realise how words can affect us when we are still very vulnerable. You have had some really positive feedback so try to take that onboard and think about ways you can add in the other things she mentioned when you can think a bit clearer. I personally think it is amazing that you are turning your experiences into something so positive talking to other people - that is inspiring to me HonHeart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance