Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: rough time

Evening sis, yes sensitive indeed which really sucks but will see how i go @Sans911
Did u want to talk about today?

Hopefully the prns will work just for tonight. Feeling quite overloaded here too.
Your time away will be good for you i think. I hope you can get to do at least one or 2 activities that you like to before you head back home..

It really is dreadful @Owlunar ive seen it first hand to and actually through school we were asked to do a project on a natural disaster. I picked drought and was able to share my own pictures not those off the internet. Got top marks for it too!

Yeah they both like riding and with the use of my hand i can help more but still on lightish duties for now. I havent ridden in a long time. I thought about it but every time i do think about it coincidently something bad happens like my hand!

No, I just want to move on from today, this week, this life as it is right now. MI is so horrible in so many ways. I just want to cry tonight. Many of my clothes don't fit from the weight gains I put on from meds. So much effort gone into loosing and its all back on. I'm so disappointed in myself.

One thing I'm looking forward to next week is talking to you on the same time zone. I'm often missing @Snowie

because she goes to bed. That's going to be really great, but strange.

That must have been a bad break for a hand @outlander - forget or didn't read how you did it but you really did it

It will hurt for a while - I sprain my ankles from time to time - I think having done a really dramatic fall down the stairs outside the supermarket a good while back now it is really easy to sprain one of them again - one is enough

But I do hope that improves - do you touch type because that is excellent exercise for you hands - and you are doing two things at once then - multi-tasking is one of my favourite things

I hope you can enjoy riding again soon - I know you love it

Dec

@Owlunar my horse was being a cow. She didnt want to be tied up because she wanted the grass and when she pulled back and was freaking out i grabbed the lead but ended up getting caught in the rope and had my hand hit on the pole. I broke my finger plus the 2 joints, sone quite alot of soft tissue damage in my hand wrist forearm and elbow as well as enough nerve damage to cause carpal tunnel syndrome. Its took 8 weeks for the break to heal and 3 months and abit to get it back to almost normal usage.
She said it wont be quite right for maybe a yr but il be able to use it. Ill just have the pain sometimes esp during the cold.

Geez that fall doesnt sound very nice at all im glad you werent seriously injured!

I do quite abit with my hands. Ive just started to learn how to crochet too which is good low maintenance activity.

Aww my sweet sis, come sit next to me. You can have my shoulder and a hand to hold. The weight gain isnt your fault,some meds are dreadful for it. Big hugs.
It will be good when your in our time zone even if its for a few days. @Sans911

How are you tonight? @Appleblossom

@outlander dropping off to sleep. Going to sleep now. Goodnightxxxxx
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance