Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Eden1919
Senior Contributor

not sure what is going on if anyone has any ideas that would be great.

i feel VERY weird and i dont know what is happening. on one side i feel like really sad and anxious and the eating stuff is really hard and i keep feeling like i should hurt myself but then at the same time i feel like magical and powerful and buzzed and like invincible and like i am on some super important quest to save the world. and i keep hearing things and then i still think that people are demons and i keep thinking i have magical powers and i feel like really pressured like i am going to explode and idk what is happening i keep crying one minute and then literally about 30 seconds later i am jumping for joy and feel amazing and it just keeps going up and down and up and down and when i am crying i am really paraniod and think everyone is coiming to get me and then i get happy and feel like nothing can touch me. sorry this is so long but i am really confused and idk what to do. 

17 REPLIES 17

Re: not sure what is going on if anyone has any ideas that would be great.

Hi @Eden1919 

I would guess many people have felt similarly.  I know I have. The highs and lows of human existence. It is good you are aware of your feelings.  People can be both good and bad for us.  A lot depends on which people and what they want and what we are doing together.  

Personally, I am shifting away from a "friends" focus, and more on doing the things I am interested in, and sharing that with others with similar interests.

When I focus on "making friends" I put too much effort in and often get triggered into abandonment feelings when things dont work out.

Take Care Eden

Smiley Happy

@Appleblossom  i appreciate your time and your reply but i am not sure this is the same as the highs and lows of the human experience..... this also has nothing to do with anyone else so i am not sure if your comment was meant to be about your own experience or advice to me...... 

i literally feel like i am about to explode and i want to scream and i cant even describe it properly like this is also a very physical feeling as well and emotional and it is so intense i can taste it. i dont know what to do anymore i realy dont. 

@Eden1919  that sounds like a lot of different feelings afflicting all at once. Are you usually able to ground yourself or do you generally just let the feelings ride until they pass? I think @Appleblossom  was reflecting their own experience of highs and lows, it may differ to yours but it can be good to know we aren't alone Heart 

What are you doing at the moment do you have anything planned for today? @Eden1919 

Hi @Eden1919. I don't think I've experienced the kind of magical stuff you're feeling but can imagine that the kinds of intense and conflicting feelings you are experiencing would be really hard to manage.

I have felt some pretty intense emotions of different kinds though and find it can be like a full on buzz and a very physical thing. It is kind of like an explosion wanting to get out at times. For me doing something physical can help release it or get it out so it isn't so stuck inside. Another thing that can help is writing (the kind of writing where lots of thoughts come out in no particular order, without worrying about whether it makes sense, without sharing it with anyone - just scrambling with pen and paper almost). I'm not sure if those ideas might help?

@nashy  i have literally tried everything i have acces to to ground myself but nothing is working. i have tried reading, listening to music, watching movies, drawing, writing in my journal. going for walks, showering, sleepinng, talking to a friend, talking to 2 different helplines both of which made things worse, talking to family, playing games on my phone, looking at funny stuff on the internet, stretching, nothing is helping at all! and the feelings arent passing this has been going on for over a week now and before that there was other crap as well. i am trying so hard but i started self harming again and like there is jus nothing working. i dont have any supports at the moment becuse i have just moved cities and i have tried meds and my psychiatrist said there was literally nothing left to try they all made things worse and therapy hasnt helped and nothing is working i am just fed up with it all like honestly this is too much. i am safe and all that but i just am fed up. 

@CheerBear  yeah i have tried those and they arent helping i really dont know what to do anymore i am just so sick of this crap. 

Really sorry to hear that you've tried so much and nothing seems to be working @Eden1919. I think feeling sick of it and fed up is pretty understandable.

Sometimes when everything gets too much and nothing seems to be working the only thing I can fall back on and that gives me some comfort and hope is knowing that nothing (no situation/feelings/thoughts etc.) can last forever.

I hope there is something in your afternoon that gives you some more settled feelings ❤

Hi @Eden1919 ,

I am so sorry to hear that nothing is helping you to feel better today! Smiley Sad It sounds like you are trying so hard; this makes it even more disheartening when nothing appears to work.

If you feel for any reason that you may self-harm or hurt yourself, please reach out to emergency services (000 or the CAT team), or Lifeline, etc.

Hoping that the wave of these horrible feelings will pass soon!

Kindest,

Amour_Et_Psyché

@CheerBear  i just dont understand how much of this i am supposed to put up with and for how long like yes things change but they never seem to be a change to something i can manage. this has literally been my whole life and i dont get how much more people expect me to put up with like honestly this isnt going to stop it isnt going to get better this is going to be forever and it is kind of crule for people to say that i have to endure this hell for the rest of my life like it is fine to say just keep going when you arent living it. (i am not saying anyone on here just people in general). i am just over it but i am too scared to do anything about it in case i end up back in hospital because that is worse than not being here at all. it is also worse than just feeling like shit at home. i feel very stuck i am trying to make life changes and i am trying to go back to uni and do things "normal" people do but idk i just feel like i may be too far gone. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance