Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: i dont know what to do

@greenpea  Thank you, I am pretty tired so I may fall asleep soon but I am also very scared because of something and I don’t know which will win the panic or the tiredness. 

@Eden1919  Hey Eden1919 I hope you get some much needed sleep:)x

@greenpea  I got a little sleep but now I am just stressed and sad and I really am not coping well atm I am trying but I am too tired to keep going with all that is going on my mental health side of things is shit and there is a fire really close to my home that is not under control and I haven’t been able to rest all summer because of the fires and I don’t have the energy to be on alert from this one for the next how ever many weeks. I keep randomly bursting into tears and everyone keeps thinking I am annoyed at them but I am just at my limit and can’t take it all anymore I am so tired I just want to be able to not be scared for 5 minutes. 

Hey @Eden1919,

I'm so sorry to hear what you're going through. I can't imagine how hard it is trying to manage your mental health and also being in a state of vigilance because of a fire near you that is not under control. 

It must be hard trying to find a balance between taking care of yourself and monitoring information for your safety. Please take care of yourself. If it's helpful here is a thread people who are struggling with the bushfires have supported each other on, but of course you can keep posting here. And here is a link to the SANE blogs as well, with a few written about coping with the bushfires recently. 

Take care and be safe Heart

Tortoiseshell

@Eden1919 Hi Eden1919 sorry it has taken me some time to get back to you but I wanted time to think about my reply. Is there anyone you can stay with away from the fire which is near where you are living atm. I know you study at uni. Is uni starting in February? Just to give you some breathing space from one of your stressors.

Hi @Eden1919 , I'm sorry to have abandoned u, I'm going thru an extremely difficult time myself at present (well not just at present, it's bn over a year now, but some stuff hapnd today which I am rly struggling with) and just haven't had anything to give. I'm glad u have been getting support from others on the forum. 

Take care of yourself

@Doglover @greenpea @Tortoiseshell  Thanks and sorry for the late reply, I am really not ok I am at breaking point and I can’t do this. The fire is going to get a lot worse over the next few days which means there is a high chance we will have to leave. We have been living out of suitcases all week. I haven’t slept for a week and I keep falling asleep (after 5am because I am too scared to sleep all night) for a few minutes and then waking up panicked and shaking after dreaming about my street burning and everyone running and trying to hide. That happened 5 times this morning. I have been shaking all day and small sounds make me literally jump. I have burst into tears 4 times today and 3 times yesterday, one of the cars is broken down and uni screwed up so now I have to spend the next 3-4 days both preparing for the fire and studying for a test I cannot put off and also doing 100 hours worth of paper work I could have done in November had my uni not screwed up. All while not sleeping having several panicked attacks a day being physically sick because of all the anxiety and trying to manage my other mental health issues which are all terrible as well. I cannot do this. 

@Eden1919  Dear Eden1919 will be thinking of you over the weekend and sending you good wishes. May the weather forecasters have got it wrong and the heavens bucket down on you instead. Take care. peaxx

@greenpea  sorry I havent replied I keep wanting to write something and then I just cant do it. 

@Eden1919  I get like that :). Hoping you are well and that life is treating you kindly. Love peaxxHeart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance