Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

LostAngel
Senior Contributor

feeling unmotivated not willing to do simple tasks /still in Hibernation Mode

Hi Everyone Im in a hibernation mode theres things I should be doing like phone calls to sort out bills ect but Im just simply unwilling to do the things that I need to get done the main one is the last few days no hot water and yet Im silly in not being willing to make a phone call to the plumber ? gas fitter in order to get hot water service fixed,been watching alot of netflix ,not going out except to see family which was last posts about visiting an aunt,Im not really talking to family outside my household Im just staying home ordering groceries online cause I dont want to really go to the shops ,left my car out of the garage all need ,and its still parked there Im not bothering to put the car in the garage like normal theres more but computer battery is getting flat post more later

5 REPLIES 5

Re: feeling unmotivated not willing to do simple tasks /still in Hibernation Mode

how to get out of hibernation mode and think better about myself?

Re: feeling unmotivated not willing to do simple tasks /still in Hibernation Mode

I’ve been there. Not without hot water I must say.
It’s so hard to break out from and then feel terrible about not doing things and on goes the vicious cycle,
What I’ve found helped is to make 1 must do in a day and set to achieve just that one thing if nothing else at all gets done. And allow yourself that as an achievement. One day it was just brushing my teeth (really that had to make it to a list otherwise not happening), Or a load of washing or play with the kids.
Bears don’t get up and go from hibernation, neither do we. Baby steps 🙂

What will keep you in hibernation mode and think bad about yourself?

Do the opposite to the answer to that question. 🙂

I know it's not easy, but personal responsibility is key and owning up to the behaviours we are doing to sabotage ourselves is a good start. 

Keep posting.. You got this and i want to hear more. 🙂

yeah but there can be a depression wall up that won't let you do anything positive

Maybe this ain't you but I've been having a bit of success with a triune-mind-plasticity system.

Break up your motivation centers into three manageable parts.

-Instincts (which lead to....)

-Emotions (which leads to...)

-Cognitions (which makes a whole extra reality and goes down, around and back to the beginning)

Work out which one is your biggest bottle-neck(s) and that'll build your strength for the others. For me learning to climb (for instincts) and learning to code (for cognitions) made me so much more able to do this (which is doing amazing things for my emotional centres).

((I should probably take myself down half a peg. I'm "climb" a tree and I "code" a very primitive computer (badly). Aaaaand, I've been doing all these things in semi to full hibernation. I'm not doing complex algorythyms on a mountain. Not at the moment anyway. The system still stands))

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance