Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Zovy
Contributor

anonymity

I dont understand why this has to be anonymous. Is that to stop us meeting up and sharing experiences? 

9 REPLIES 9

Re: anonymity

Hi @Zovy 

This is an anonymous forum. It does not mean that you cannot share your experiences but just means that we cannot write anything that will identify us.

You are welcome to share your experiences on here however if you would like too.

i think this is a government website that protects itself against people saying what they really think

why not

@Zovy 

If you give it a chance this is a wonderful forum to give and receive support. The support I have been given by other members of the forum has been so helpful to me. I don't think I would be where I am if I didn't have this support.

We are all in this together. 

what would happen if the mentally lll all got together and said what they really thought

@Zovy you can say what you really think on this forum, as long as we stay anonymous.

The good thing about this forum is that there is always someone around to listen to us. The other good thing is that people can relate to what we are going through. You are not alone on here.

@Zovy  We do say what we really think.  Search for chibam's "What Do *YOU* Want SANE To Tell The Government At Their Sit-Down With Them?" post.  

That's what we really think.

This is a great forum @Zovy.  A chance to say what we really feel - about everything.

Hi and welcome, @Zovy  🙂

The anonymity lets us share about our MIs (mental illnesses) safely. There is stigma in the community about mental illness. I know I wouldn't like people I know in real life to know the full extent of my MIs, even though I'm pretty open about them. Also, workplaces could search for stuff about us if we had our real life names on here - this could endanger people's jobs. It's much safer to be anonymous, and that way we can be open and honest and get support for our MIs on here. 

We can still share experiences on here. 🙂 Do you want to tell us more about yourself?

Also, a handy forum tip is to type @ and click on a name in the pop-up box - that way the person you're replying to will get a notification, and won't miss your reply 🙂

Former-Member
Not applicable

I think the anonymity rule is good for safety reasons as well. 

It might stop someone from being able to take advantage of the information they get here. For example, can you imagine if you meet up with someone, and they want to start a relationship with you, but you say no. They can use the stuff you've said on here to try and manipulate you. 

Keeping everything in the public forum like this helps to keep users accountable. There's no option to DM people on here, for example, because they can't be moderated as easily.

I think it's not better or worse, it's just different. The point, though, is just to know what to expect. You don't have to let that get in the way of talking about your feelings and supporting others.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance