Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Swansong
Contributor

Work life balance

I recently took on a bit more work but now I am tired out.  I needed the work but my TV broke in kitchen where I watch TV while cooking and now I don't know if I should forget me about replacing it as I have another TV in my bedroom.  I saved up for stuff I thought I wanted or needed now I am stressed out about where to spend the money.  I don't want to waste it on the TV if I don't really need it.  Before covid hit,  I probably would have saved it for a holiday but now I can't go anywhere... Every time I plan to go interstate it looks like borders might shut.  I just have to use the money on bills and groceries and forget about using it on luxuries. Might just do normal hours and forget about extra work.  No reason to work that hard.  Better to have time for me than work more. Maybe I might consider saving for a personal trainer  but not sure I even need that... Just a bit scared to go to the park to walk because of the delta covid strain being so contagious.  Already got vaccinated but I'm still scared. 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Work life balance

Hey @Swansong 

Money and finances can suck if you do worry about spending money.  I just wanted to ask if you have read the barefoot investor book?  It does sound like having the tv in the kitchen brings you joy while you are cooking, so maybe look on gumtree or Facebook for a second hand tv.  

That way, you get a tv and you don't have to spend all your money.  🙂

@AussieRecharger idea is good.

Smiley Happy

Watching the cents while earning the dollars can be very useful tactic for survival longterm.

I wish the media was less hypey about the dangers.  If you are taking precautions who should not need to live in fear.

Take Care and Stay Safe and find ways to chill at home being creative ... to reduce your worry.

@Swansong 

Smiley Happy

Hi @Swansong 

You know if you save for a holiday for 3 years you can travel around Asia and dont have to work..  I did it and it was fun!  Just a thought! Or you can save for a five star luxury hotel stay in Monaco and be treated like a royal....

I agree with @AussieRecharger buy a secon hand TV as it wont cost as much... 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance