Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

oR-neB
New Contributor

When a good professional support moves on- dealing with loss.

It can be hard to find a professional  that provides support and treatment in a way that actually works for us. So when we do find a good one, it's the best feeling ever!

Unfortunately professionals move on, few people stick to the same job and so there's always the possibility that we will lose the support of someone who may have quite literally saved our lives many times over. 

How do you get through that loss?

What can you do to make the change to a new professional just a little less tough?

How do you thank someone who has made a difference for you? 

1 REPLY 1

Re: When a good professional support moves on- dealing with loss.

Hi @oR-neB

I think it can be really hard! I had an awesome GP who was very kind, she even delivered my son, she looked after me during years of other stuff and i did trust her, but then she left (had a baby - how dare she jokes!) And it was so hard... i have never found a gp who i click with like that since. miss having that support. 

It is really hard, people do move on, and its hard to get through, i think for me its just time? not sure. I'm probably not so good at the thanking part, i get tongue tied and caught up with what to say and how to say at and never do it well.. I think it can be different for different people though. i had a friend who would regularly knit something for diff people, and give gifts. i think its what you're comfortable with?

Welcome to the forums as well, I hope that you find the forums to be a helpful space,

Take care!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance