Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Nightingale
Casual Contributor

Wanting to get new help for my mental health

Hi, thank you to everyone who replied to my previous posting it was a relief to know that I could talk about mental health issues and not scare anyone away. I am now wanting to find the right help for me. As I mentioned before, my GP  seems to be out of his depth when helping someone who is hallucinating and experiencing delusions and I don't feel that I can talk to him about my mental health anymore. I don't want to have to go into hospital again, If I go into hospital I will probably be put on medications that dope me out all over again and I don't want that. I do want to see a GP who can listen to me and I feel that I would like to see a Psychologist or counselor who I can talk to and start right from the very begining of when I first got sick. I take an anti depressant but it doesn't stop the voices in my head like someone has hijacked my brain and is speaking into my brain but It does stop the visual hallucinations and that is about all it does and it stops me from being preoccupied with my delusions and the rumminating and helps me to stay calm and I can concentrate without my thoughts falling apart and it clears the fog in my brain. I hope that a Psychologist can help me but I also want to see a doctor who can help me.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Wanting to get new help for my mental health

Good Luck with your journey with counsellors and psychologists.  Gps can refer you for about 6-10 sessions per annum and there are other organisations with various programs in different states.  

@Nightingale 

Take Care and Saty Safe

Smiley Happy

Re: Wanting to get new help for my mental health

Hi @Nightingale 

I wish you well in finding a psychologist and GP who you find helpful. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance