Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

ProbNotSane
Casual Contributor

Unhealthy anount of self hatred

Not really asking for advice, just wanted to get it out of me.

I never feel happy with myself, but I feel so guilty. Whenever I hate myself I always remind myself that people have it worse, and I should be grateful for me. But I never love my appearance, personality or literally anything. Whenever an achievement comes to me I am happy but then I always feel guilt, like I could have done better. 

• You know like there's always this one person who does anything that annoys you or just makes you mad? That's how i always feel when I look at my actions, at myself, at literally anything I do. I always envy people around me who love themselves. No matter how hard I try to change myself it just won't work. And I never like whenever people say "oh no you're perfect, you're amazing, you're enough, you're beautiful" I don't want to hear it. I know it's bad but I've accepted the fact I hate myself to such an extent that I give up on confidence.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Unhealthy anount of self hatred

Hey @ProbNotSane ,

Welcome to the forums!

Thank you for trusting us in sharing what is on your mind. 

Believe it or not, the community was only just having a lively conversation similar to what you posted about. I'll tag you over there.

I hope you find connection and belonging on the forums.

Speak soon, tyme

Hello @ProbNotSane  and welcome to the forum. I hope you find it a friendly and safe place to connect with others.

I'm sorry to hear that, @ProbNotSane ... It sounds like a trauma response to me... Do you have childhood trauma or similar? 

@ProbNotSane 

Self compassion is sometimes really hard but it is really important. Shadow work is looking at the parts we don’t like about ourselves and what this is trying to tell us.  You are a human being reacting in very human ways, try open curiosity towards yourself with a lot of kindness like you would show a good friend.

I hope you feel better soon. Good on you for opening up to express yourself and journey towards self acceptance.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance