Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Former-Member
Not applicable

Trying to get help

I have tried to reach out to beyond blue and lifeline tonight but couldn't get through. I tried and failed to get myself help. I feel so desperately alone and fearful. Having to write an email to workcover explaining what the appointment with their psych did to my mental state and it's just trigging me So bad. It's kind of what the dam point I just want to quit my job just so I don't have to jump through their hoops. My anxiety has reached a new high today and I am feeling everything so acutely. 

I have been there for so many people over the years and yet when I need help there is no one. They say text me anytime, I am always here for you, but what they don't say is I am here for anytime as long as you don't mention your mental illness. They brush me off if I am not my happy self.  

I am just over not being enough

194 REPLIES 194

Re: Trying to get help

Hi @Former-Member I am so sorry to hear you are struggling at the moment. I am here to tell you, you are not alone. I am here for you and so are so many others on this forum. 
I am sorry to hear you have been trying to contact BB and Lifeline. I would suggest you keep trying. In the meantime I am hear to listen. 
Can I ask what are you fearful of? Only if you want to answer. No pressure. As I am new to this forum I'm not sure but there maybe someone professional we can reach out to on here. I am happy to research that for you if you like. 
It is difficult for people who don't have a mental illness to understand what it's like. I have the same problem. If they can't understand it then they feel uncomfortable trying to help cause they don't know how to help. That is why we are here. We understand. We may  not always know what to say or how to help but I can listen and support and maybe give suggestions. 
How are you feeling right now? Are you safe? 

Former-Member
Not applicable

I am safe @Lee82  for now, I am aware that it's not the answer and am

fighting those thoughts regularly. I have tried again and they are busy but it's all good I guess. 

What am I fearful of, well that's a long list but tonight I am fearful for my sanity the most.  Struggling with the ongoing effects triggered by a client assaulting me at work (he is not to blame as he has dementia)  I had a workcover psychologist appointment last Thursday which trigger my past as well and he made a couple of comments that left me feeling ashamed of myself and worthless. Trying to email workcover because my Counsellor said they needed to know how he affect me, but it's just bringing up to much shit. 

Thank you for hearing me tonight 💖

I am glad to hear you are safe @Former-Member 

please keep trying the lifelines. It must be frustrating to not be able to get through. I am happy to stay with you until you get through. 
I am sad to hear about what happened at work. No one should ever go through something like that. I am also sad to hear after seeing the work psychologist that it left you feeling worthless and ashamed. Again no one should be made to feel that way. 
have you tried anything to try and help bring your anxiety down as yet? 

Just to clarify @Former-Member you and your feelings and emotions are not worthless. They are your feeling your emotions and you have the right to express them without fear of judgement. No one can tell you how you should feel about a situation. Everyone is different and reacts to different circumstance differently. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

I have, I have tried my meditation, deep breathing and colouring. They have worked somewhat. I am waiting for my meds to kick in so I can sleep. I may need to go back to the gp as they don't seem to working that well at the moment. 

Thank you so much @Lee82  having someone actually hear me and to some extent know what I am going through is so comforting. 

How are you doing ? 

Great to hear @Former-Member  you have done some things to try and distract you. I know all too well that somethings only work for a short while but doing them helps us keep active in a positive way. 
I hope your meds work for you tonight. I am in the same boat. My mess have also stopped working. An appointment with the gp is a great idea. 
I happy to be here and your welcome @Former-Member .

i am hanging in there. Still trying to calm my anxiety down enough to try and get some rest. The fear of having another nightmare or flashback keeps me awake. I have been having them a lot lately. Thank you so much for asking @Former-Member 

Former-Member
Not applicable

I am so sad to hear that you are having nightmares and flashbacks. I know that struggle and to be honest I think that is why I am still awake. 

Do have any strategies that help you with your anxiety 

I'm so sorry @Former-Member I didn't know you had replied to my message.

i have a couple things however they only sustain me for a little while. For me I listen to music, play the guitar, try to keep my hands busy anyway I can. Colouring, playing games on my phone. I use to read a lot but these days I don't have the capacity or concentration to do so. 
If your still up how are you feeling? 

Good morning @Former-Member . Just checking in to see how your feeling today? Did you manage to get some sleep? 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance